Random lag in Persona 3
Do not try to run the emulator from an external storage device, that's overall too slow.

Sponsored links

Oh I didn't know that, but the game runs better on the usb than my hard drive, so what should I do?
Hmm you play on a laptop huh right and most laptop drives are 4200/5400rpm. I could say you can buy a SSD and put it in your Laptop, but that's no real solution, but overall external storage devices are slower then the internal harddrive Smile
Yeah I'm using a laptop, it's hard drive is 7200rpm don't know if its fast or not, for the time being I can't buy a SSD but when I got the chance I'll get one, I've heard they are worth it.

Will I get problems later running the game on a usb? you said to not run the emulator there, but maybe storing just the game isn't bad, I mean I didn't get issues so far on the usb.
keeping your iso files on a USB drive should be fine, since any decent USB 2.0 let alone a 3.0 one would be faster then the PS2's DVD drive. I run all my games off of a USB drive since I don't really want to try and fit another drive In my sff case I use for my emulation PC.

As far as a SSD goes... even a bad SSD will greatly speed up your entire laptop. An SSD can give a more useful boost to overall system speed then a better GPU, CPU, or RAM will over a greater amount of different tasks and is generally a very good idea. Not to mention the advantage that dropping your laptop won't run the risk of corrupting all your data with a crashed drive.
Keeping your images on an external drive fine, but they always recommended here to NOT use one to play games from an external source if you want to have the best speed possible. There's still a delay over an internal one.
Thanks for all the help guys, I'm glad to finally find a solution Smile