Random lag in Persona 3
So I've been playing persona 3 since the last 2 months, everything runs fine the game its running at full speed, but suddenly the game lags and frames go down to like 50 or 40 fps and everything stops for a second or less, then returns to normal speed, I would like to know if its my pc or something else, sorry if I said something obvious, Im new into ps2 emulation.

Thanks for the help! 

These are my specs:
i5 3210m  2.50 GHz up to 3.10 GHz
Intel HD 4000
4GB ddr3 ram

Sponsored links

It's definitely your PC. I'm not sure how intense the graphics are, but your PC specs are somewhat middle-tiered. That graphics card is really not that good in PCSX2 and you might experience a slowdown on battery mode. If you want, use software mode (be cautious as it put in a load on the CPU). Also, you might want to keep your laptop plugged in.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Sure, I'll try it, hope that fix it or at least make it less noticeable, and also would like to know if there is something else I could do.
Also check your Power plan and make sure it is set to maximum performance both pluged in and on battery (if you use PCSX2 on battery power), or windows will cut your CPU's performance a lot.
His PC is strong enough to run Persona 3. I could run the game just fine at 60 fps (1080p) back with my Phenom II x4 980 besides the white/rainbow-ish colored enemies and in Persona 4 when sitting in Junes it dropped with 50%, but overall the game stayed stable enough at 50 and/or 60 fps (Depends if it's PAL or NTSC).
Well, I've tried everything I could and the game keeps lagging randomly, tried using speedhacks, another iso,check if its thermal throttling and it wasn't, changing configuration, using Direct3D11 and 9(in 1.4.0) both in hardware and software mode and all that suff and no results, everything is set to high performance in the power plan, I've even tried with disgaea 1 which some people say is one of the less demanding games on ps2 but it also happened.

I once heard that a slow hard drive could cause this, because it takes so long to read the iso sometimes, but I don't know if that could be the case.
Try it with the latest version which you can get: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ and also tryout the OpenGL functions if possible. Persona 3 is not that heavy as they say, Also give Final Fantasy 10 a try then, only what might bring the fps down is Fire and Demi Spells.
Sure, I'll give it a try, by the way I know its unrelated but can I play persona 4 and get similar or the same fps with this pc? ,Don't know if its more demanding or something else.
Persona 4 has the fps drop with white/rainbow-ish colored enemies and in Junes it slowed down, but the game is further playable just fine Smile
So I switched to OpenGL as you said but with no success, it was still happening, tried to play FFX to see if I had the same problem and it happened again.

It's weird but it put the game and the emulator on a usb formatted to ntfs, don't know if the format matters it just happened to be the format it had, and didn't have any problem at all the game runs at full speed all the time,tested for a long time and no issue so far, but I don't get why.

I guess is now fixed, so I will like to thank you all for helping out!