Random lag spikes
I'm getting random lag spikes even though game reports 60FPS. It looks like the frame rate halves for a few seconds and then goes back to normal but FPS stays at 60. For example, it happens in Tekken Tag Tournament (NTSC-JP) and Tekken 4 (NTSC-US) but other games too.

Using PCSX2 SVN 1.1.0.5716. Plugins used are shown in the image attachment.

My specs:

Haswell i5-4670k @ 4.5GHz
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Trader DDR3 RAM
2x MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 Boost in Crossfire
750W OCZ-ZT Fully Modular PSU
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

give an instance in T4 where it lags, be specific
(08-16-2013, 12:40 AM)Saiki Wrote: give an instance in T4 where it lags, be specific

It lags randomly as I mentioned earlier, during gameplay. It even lags when I set it to practice mode and leave the characters idling. It's easy to notice the lag as the game runs at 60FPS on my setup. With frame limiter off, it runs well over 100FPS but this lag isn't just happening on T4, its happening on other games.
(08-16-2013, 01:22 AM)Eiji Wrote: It lags randomly as I mentioned earlier, during gameplay. It even lags when I set it to practice mode and leave the characters idling. It's easy to notice the lag as the game runs at 60FPS on my setup. With frame limiter off, it runs well over 100FPS but this lag isn't just happening on T4, its happening on other games.

There was someone who in another thread recently who mentioned intel rapid boost being a possible cause for this. I'd try turning that off first and seeing if that fixes it.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I been tested those namco fighting games w/ haswell there is a thread i recent posted that tekken tag,SC3 i ran is full speed. go to my profile then "find all threads or find all posts"

best thing to do first is:
"un-overclocked" your haswell back to factory speed (3.4Ghz)
don't use any EE,VU cycle stealing speed hacks
when i set any of these speedhacks at level-1 it will knockdown the framerate.

Intel RST doesn't do anything on pcsx2 on my comment.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I dont get why people keep calling slow down in framerate lag, it not lag, lag is when you hit button "a" and 5 seconds later it does what is supposed to which is to do with your internet connection and how bad your ping is that is lag, graphics slowing down is not lag its just slow down maybe it just me, but is pet peeve of mine

If a game has slowdown on the ps2 the slowdown get emulated last i checked. and what you get with limiter off is irrelvent you need to keep 60 fps with limiter on at all times for perfect play, but if the game it self on the ps2 it gona have it on the emulator

Intel RST should not be causing problems.
(08-16-2013, 05:44 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I dont get why people keep calling slow down in framerate lag, it not lag, lag is when you hit button "a" and 5 seconds later it does what is supposed to which is to do with your internet connection and how bad your ping is that is lag, graphics slowing down is not lag its just slow down maybe it just me, but is pet peeve of mine

You're playing a bit with semantics... Lag can define anything that does not do what it's supposed to do within a given time frame. You're starting to see things in video card reviews terms like "frame lag" or "frame render time" replacing terms like FPS for example.

So yes, when a game is acting slow it's "lagging" behind proper rendering time. It's not the preferred wording, but it is a valid way to describe it.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Tekken games not like speedhacks
so don't use them or use only recommended
For example-i only ticked enable wait loop detection in speedhacks
all other unticked
& game is running full speed
in some areas fps drop down to 5-10,but no big deal
also use directx 10 hardware Smile