Random near locks in all games, possibly caused by something weird?
Well, I think that's pretty definitive.

HD Tune never completed. Last I looked it was around 400GiB

5 minutes later, I come back and my computer is hard locked. No BSOD, no error. Just locked in place, with my web browser showing this site. No response to CTRL ALT DELETE, CTRL SHIFT ESCAPE, or anything. Had to ACPI power off(e.g. hold power for 5 seconds).

And I have no where for my 291 GiB of data to go. And no money for a new drive right now. Or for quite a while. So I guess I will bear with it, and back up the stuff I can't afford to lose.

Thank you for all your help. I consider this matter solved.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Damn, that sucks... Good luck with your next drive in the future!
Well, bringing this back from the dead but:

I found out the problem in PPSSPP is NOT the same problem as in PCSX2. So that one at least, was not my hardware.

From this thread of mine on ppsspp forums:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...9#pid55079
Blyss Sarania Wrote:I'm about to try on a much weaker system, the only other one in the house (i3, intel hd gfx)

Case closed.

Interesting indeed. Although I know my hard drive is borked. Half the time when I go to sleep I wake up with it frozen in suspend mode.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
You prolly already tried this... But here goes...
Disable your Screen Saver, and all of the power saving options within your OS.
Also disable all Automatic Update options in all of your apps, don't even let them "Notify" you of new updates.
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
Once I've had a similar problem:

My whole system freezed from time to time for one second but I did not find out what it was. Later I could see that this happened only during anti-virus scans of a hdd that was not my system drive. Then I tested this hdd with some tool and it found some broken sectors.

Only days after the test the hard drive was almost completely broken and could not be used any more without lagging of the system. After dismounting of this hdd the system recovered its original state.

If your hdd is your system-drive you will probably be in a worse situation than I was.
(11-03-2013, 12:50 PM)JTD Wrote: You prolly already tried this... But here goes...
Disable your Screen Saver, and all of the power saving options within your OS.
Also disable all Automatic Update options in all of your apps, don't even let them "Notify" you of new updates.

Yep tried that. In fact I tried using task manager to kill everything that wasn't system critical(even killed explorer.exe) and still have the problem randomly.

(11-03-2013, 07:58 PM)willkuer Wrote: Once I've had a similar problem:

My whole system freezed from time to time for one second but I did not find out what it was. Later I could see that this happened only during anti-virus scans of a hdd that was not my system drive. Then I tested this hdd with some tool and it found some broken sectors.

Only days after the test the hard drive was almost completely broken and could not be used any more without lagging of the system. After dismounting of this hdd the system recovered its original state.

If your hdd is your system-drive you will probably be in a worse situation than I was.

It is my system drive, unfortunately.

Actually, luckily, I haven't been having the problem too bad lately. But shhh... don't jinx it lol.