Random near locks in all games, possibly caused by something weird?
Oh just for the record I tried on an external drive(which used to work fine for this purpose) and had the same issue. So it's not disk drive related... hmm.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

have you tried running your cpu and gpu at stock clocks to make sure it's not the overclock doing it?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-18-2013, 07:38 PM)refraction Wrote: have you tried running your cpu and gpu at stock clocks to make sure it's not the overclock doing it?

Yeah. I tried that earlier this morning. I hadn't tried before because CPU is Prime stable for 24 hours at that clock and GPU is furmark stable for 24 hours. But you never know, so I did try it, but it didn't make any difference so I put it back

Unrelated note: I do need to get an aftermarket cooler on my CPU. I mean, I said before it throttles if it hits 69C which it only will do if I'm using all 6 cores at once for like video encoding or some such. But also as I said before, that was the first thing I made sure wasn't happening here.

It seems unrelated but I made Windows run a chkdsk /f on last reboot, it found an error: "Free space was marked as allocated" and fixed that.

No problems since then, seems odd since I still had the problem when trying the external but *knock on wood*

Thanks for your guys suggestions, I will report back later.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Bleh, it came back. This is what it's doing. Note this video was recorded at 30fps so it doesn't look smooth but the game was running full speed. Notice what happens when she is 75% up the ladder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw1lfg7Dg...e=youtu.be

Only happens in PCSX2 and PPSSPP.
Have you tried a completely fresh install of pcsx2? new memorycards, just your bios dump, nothing else copied over?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-20-2013, 02:31 AM)refraction Wrote: Have you tried a completely fresh install of pcsx2? new memorycards, just your bios dump, nothing else copied over?

That was a fresh memory card actually, for an unrelated reason. Might as well give it a shot with the whole thing fresh.
I played amplitude since my last post and all was going good til... yep happened again. And broke my combo. Explicit words followed lol. HMMM... I am going to get to the bottom of this! Somehow!
Looks like a memory/loading issue to me, though I wonder why would it only be on PCSX2 and PPSSPP. Does it really not happen in any other program/game? Also, do the EE% and GS% change when those lagspikes happen, or does the whole program just freeze for a second or two?
(10-20-2013, 04:27 AM)Rassane Wrote: Looks like a memory/loading issue to me, though I wonder why would it only be on PCSX2 and PPSSPP. Does it really not happen in any other program/game? Also, do the EE% and GS% change when those lagspikes happen, or does the whole program just freeze for a second or two?

It's just like you see in that video - the whole program freezes. The EE and GS don't change, they lock to whatever they happened to be at.

It's exactly the same thing in PPSSPP too, I was uploading a video of that but youtube is being lame and says "This is taking longer than expected" blah blah.

It happens about once every 30 minutes to an hour. Also I should say memtest clean, hard disk scan clean. Dust cleaned. I'm at a loss... I'm going to try temporarily disabling security software tomorrow, but I'm done for tonight.

Edit: Here is the video of it happening in PPSSPP, As I write this, it has been stuck in Youtube's "processing queue" for an hour and a half so it may not work til later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2779LDpOy1A
I'm sitting here with every kinda monitor I can run running and playing PCSX2 and no... it's not happening. It won't give me my data!