Random near locks in all games, possibly caused by something weird?
Data! Precious Data! Or not, it doesn't really tell you much. Here is my CPU, GPU and disk usage right after a lag attack. It should be in the right 20% of the graph because I took the screenshot about 2 seconds after it happened. There is a disk usage spike to 100 kbytes sec... 100 kbytes/sec... see my throughput in my sig. That's nothing. Also unscaled version attached since photobucket shrank it.

[Image: data_zpsec29b273.png]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I seriously can't think of a good explanation. Try checking security programs or something, I don't know. Maybe I think of something after I finally get some sleep
Also I didn't say this yet but you might notice the weird spike in VRM temp or the weird drops in VDDC in my screenshot. Explanation here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1...dings.html
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I think I'm on to something. I just woke up and fired up amplitude and happened to be watching the log for really no reason. Lag spike hit and the log says:

CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x000d27e1

But, it's an ISO. And it does it in all games. So that probably points to my hard drive? But I've never seen this in the log before, and yeah, I've looked.

And I just remembered that I tried it on a DIFFERENT hard drive too.

So maybe it's like the IO in my computer is fragged? Though I suppose since the OS is running off the main drive even if I moved the ISO to another drive, the OS could run into a problem and lock the system.
I would say your iso is corrupt, when you tried it on a different drive you were copying the corrupt iso.

i suggest remaking the iso's with imgburn directly to your external drive and try again.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeah, looks like it's an ISO burn issue. Since you said it doesn't happen in normal PC games, this seems to be the case. I had issues in games similar to this which I burned, and they were indeed kinda scratched badly so I was wondering how the burn attempt even succeeded in the first place, xD. I looked at the log and saw tons of CDVD errors, so that solved that.
(10-20-2013, 09:36 PM)NarooN Wrote: Yeah, looks like it's an ISO burn issue. Since you said it doesn't happen in normal PC games, this seems to be the case. I had issues in games similar to this which I burned, and they were indeed kinda scratched badly so I was wondering how the burn attempt even succeeded in the first place, xD. I looked at the log and saw tons of CDVD errors, so that solved that.

OMG This is like the third time today I've made a post and only previewed it and forgot to submit it completely -.- okay so here is the post I made an hour ago:

While it does make sense that it could be this since it doesn't happen in PC games:

A. It happens in all my PS2 and PSP games. Not all the PS2 games were ripped with this drive. Amplitude was ripped from the original on a different drive. PSP games were ripped from the UMD in my PSP and worked for over a year loading from memstick in CFW. PSP is dead so I can't re rip those >_< The Xenosaga video was taken from a fresh rip of a flawless disc about 20 minutes before the video.

B. That error happened right as Amplitude transitioned from it's opening FMV to the main menu. I rebooted it 3 times and let it play the whole thing again and transition - no error

C. It's too intermittent. I really suspect my hard drive. Even though I copied ISO to a different drive, PCSX2 and the OS were still running from the main drive. Especially if the OS had a data error, it could cause this.

Once my video finishes encoding in a minute or two I'm gonna run a low level error scan in HD tune and see what I find.

I really appreciate you guys trying to help, I know it seems I'm arguing at this point but I have the advantage of being in the first person right in front of my machine. Of course I know a lot more about how it behaves.
Edit: And I think it IS happening in PC games, but it's not as noticeable because of the difference between emulation and native stuff. Maybe it's not as severe in PC game and I just attribute to to a memory miss or something.
Hmm, this is very strange indeed. I'd really like to see what the cause of the problem is and see if we can solve it just in case anyone runs into it in the future.

I think the problem is either the main boot drive or your RAM.
I had to go to the store, and I forgot to turn on HD tune before I left. So I just turned it on. I dunno how long it will take to scan a TiB. Well it scanned 10 gigs in a minute. 931 /10 = 93.1 minutes. Or so.

I have memtested my ram, but not recently. Since my ram defaulted to some weird timings, and since in order to set DDR1600 you need to set 1.65 volts which is not the default, I memtested it after changing the timings to the right timings. That was about 50 days ago, so if HD tune doesn't have a problem I will run memtest86