Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal - Texture Garbage
(07-11-2012, 12:38 AM)Trackr Wrote: But.. it will still look absolutely horrible because it will render at the PS2's native resolution..

So, what's the point? Sad

Well it is essentially like playing the Ps2 but with save states among other features. So if that is not enough to entice then be patient I guess.
<REDACTED>

Sponsored links

(07-11-2012, 12:51 AM)Fezzer Wrote: Well it is essentially like playing the Ps2 but with save states among other features. So if that is not enough to entice then be patient I guess.

No, I have no problem with patience. I was talking to refraction in 2006 asking when I could play Tekken 4 on my P4.

It's just that every other game, including God of War works now.. and yet I can't play my other two favorites - Burnout 3 and Ratchet & Clank.

I mean, I was so happy when I saw that they were both compatible, but to me Native is not worth it. I don't want save states.. I want to beat the game on the hardest difficulty.

I think a game should be given the green square if it's only rendered in Software mode. Now I am sad..
Quote:I think a game should be given the green square if it's only rendered in Software mode. Now I am sad..
the green square is given when a game can be completed from beginning to end.
But it implies only pcsx2 core usage.
Not an external plugin like gsdx...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So will there ever be work done to fix this? As far as I know a few years back when I still used the emulator actively, the problem lied with the games' heavy usage of mipmapping (which Gsdx doesn't support). Jak & Daxter is another very major game series that's pretty much unplayable due to this too.

I mean you've done some work on making sure GIF packets (if I got that right) are completely okay before they are sent to the GS according to the most recent post on the developer blog, which should eliminate texture garbage issues in any other games. Couldn't you use some kind of similar solution for R&C and J&D? Even having a wip "mipmapping" option in Gsdx would be awesome to try out, wouldn't mind if it came with an fps drop.

I don't claim to have any real knowledge of the emulator, just curious why it's so difficult with these games. Tongue
(07-11-2012, 06:12 PM)Finzy Wrote: So will there ever be work done to fix this? As far as I know a few years back when I still used the emulator actively, the problem lied with the games' heavy usage of mipmapping (which Gsdx doesn't support). Jak & Daxter is another very major game series that's pretty much unplayable due to this too.

I mean you've done some work on making sure GIF packets (if I got that right) are completely okay before they are sent to the GS according to the most recent post on the developer blog, which should eliminate texture garbage issues in any other games. Couldn't you use some kind of similar solution for R&C and J&D? Even having a wip "mipmapping" option in Gsdx would be awesome to try out, wouldn't mind if it came with an fps drop.

I don't claim to have any real knowledge of the emulator, just curious why it's so difficult with these games. Tongue

I second this. I didn't know that all Naughty Dog games were unplayable..

Gosh, this is really disappointing.. Sad
Better ask gabest directly.
But i doubt he'll give any answer about this
(07-11-2012, 07:11 PM)Trackr Wrote: Gosh, this is really disappointing.. Sad

Can I try out your emulator? Must be a lot better than Pcsx2's trite coding right?
<REDACTED>
(07-11-2012, 07:51 PM)Fezzer Wrote: Can I try out your emulator? Must be a lot better than Pcsx2's trite coding right?

You've been here for 2 years. I've been here since 2005. That speaks towards my disappointment and my commitment.
I didnt see trackr's contributions on pcsx2's google code page...
Anyways, as I said, it's more gabest's problem.
Try to see this with him...
Hey guys, just to make it clear:
The problem with all games using this engine is a GS feature that we cannot emulate in hardware right now.
Your choices are software rendering or live with it, sorry.