Ratchet & Clank Going Commando - Frame Drops, etc
Hey everyone. I'm playing RAC2 on the newest version of PCSX2 1.6.0 and i have a few questions. Why does this game lag sometimes? I have a Ryzen 9 3900x and a 1080ti with 16gigs of ram. Should be plenty. Followed the suggestions on the wiki and still get some lag. Also, there is a secret teleporter on one of the levels that requires the time to be set to a certain time to be able to activate I forget if its midnight or 3 am but when i boot no iso on the emulator i have no text visible to change the options. I can go into the menu but I can't *see* the options but I can hear myself scrolling through them

Link to the wiki

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Ratchet...g_Commando

Thank you

Sponsored links

Update to 1.7 first using the link below. Second, R&C is one of the most demanding PS2 titles that not even the most powerful CPUs will be able to run full speed 100% of the time, that's just the nature of emulating the PS3 unfortunately.
(11-29-2020, 10:15 AM)CK1 Wrote: Update to 1.7 first using the link below. Second, R&C is one of the most demanding PS2 titles that not even the most powerful CPUs will be able to run full speed 100% of the time, that's just the nature of emulating the PS3 unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not even coming close to maxing out my cpu. If i press tab i can turbo above 100% when im getting framed. I'm not sure why its dipping
Quote:I'm not even coming close to maxing out my cpu
pcsx2 will use max 3 cores. hence the cpu appering to be not fully used. But your STR won't be nough to make it run full speed all the time.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-29-2020, 10:34 AM)jesalvein Wrote: pcsx2 will use max 3 cores. hence the cpu appering to be not fully used. But your STR won't be nough to make it run full speed all the time.

What is STR? Is that like IPC?
Why can't it use more cores?
I'm also streaming *and* recording 1080p @ 60 fps while gaming. Maybe I should try assigning 3 cores to pcsxe2 and the other 21 to OBS?
(11-29-2020, 10:47 AM)Danimal1q2w3 Wrote: What is STR? Is that like IPC?
Why can't it use more cores?
I'm also streaming *and* recording 1080p @ 60 fps while gaming. Maybe I should try assigning 3 cores to pcsxe2 and the other 21 to OBS?

STR = Single Thread Rating. Basically it measures how well your CPU handles single-threaded tasks. In PCSX2 case, your CPU must have STR of 1600 for minimum, but recommended score is 2000 and up. But according to here, your STR seems to be more than enough.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(11-29-2020, 10:52 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: STR = Single Thread Rating. Basically it measures how well your CPU handles single-threaded tasks. In PCSX2 case, your CPU must have STR of 1600 for minimum, but recommended score is 2000 and up. But according to here, your STR seems to be more than enough.

Where do you find that? the 3900x is an insane cpu, it has higher Single Thread Performance than the i9-9900k. Would I be better off disabling MTVU?

edit: I see you edited your comment with a link to my STR, haha
it's more than enough for most games.

but still, some areas in R&C series will hammer it so hardly that you can't make it perform 100% (would require an STR around 5000, maybe)
No actual CPU can handle it. that's what CK1 meant.

If you want 100% speed all the time, use your real PS2 for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-29-2020, 10:56 AM)Danimal1q2w3 Wrote: Where do you find that? the 3900x is an insane cpu, it has higher Single Thread Performance than the i9-9900k. Would I be better off disabling MTVU?

edit: I see you edited your comment with a link to my STR, haha

is in passmark website
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu...0X&id=3493

while playing RC games when suffering a slowdown i would suggest to set speedhack's EE cycle skipping by 1.
im using that presets on my RC games tbh.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Ratchet Going comando definitely needs an Intel CPU clocked at 5Ghz or a Ryzen 5th gen to be 100% playable and over 60fps all the time. In fact, maybe try lowering the GSDX internal resolution because this game on such a system can even be bottlenecked harder by your GPU funny enough.