If other please specify: N/A

BIOS Used: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used: N/A

Gamefixes Used: N/A

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): Medium

Comments:
Besides the graphical bugs mentioned below, everything appears to be working fine. FPS hovered around 60fps

Bugs:
  • A lot of in-world objects have spazzy, staticky textures unless the camera is fairly close to them. (the 2nd attached screenshot shows objects with broken textures; the 3rd screenshot shows the same objects with their proper textures due to the camera being closer) Annoying but still playable
  • When the pause menu is open, the background turns to a solid color (varies by world) except for a small square in the top left corner of the screen (shown in 4th screenshot)

Playable

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I will mention that "Software Mode" on GSDX (or F9) resolves the "Spazzy" textures as they require MipMap support, which is only in software mode for the foreseeable future. You can get it to run at playable speeds on a 3.6Ghz or higher quad core (intel only probably) with 3 software rendering threads, MTVU and a couple of notches on the VU Cycle Stealing speedhack slider, along with recommended speedhacks.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-19-2013, 02:24 AM)refraction Wrote: I will mention that "Software Mode" on GSDX (or F9) resolves the "Spazzy" textures as they require MipMap support, which is only in software mode for the foreseeable future. You can get it to run at playable speeds on a 3.6Ghz or higher quad core (intel only probably) with 3 software rendering threads, MTVU and a couple of notches on the VU Cycle Stealing speedhack slider, along with recommended speedhacks.

Oh thanks, that did indeed fix the textures. Unfortunately, even with the best settings for GSdx and speedhacks that I could come up with, the game still lagged quite a bit whenever a lot of background scenery was on screen, which, in Ratchet & Clank, is fairly often. Tongue Oh well, I might look into overclocking my processor.

Here are the settings I used that seemed to work best if anyone who has a fast enough processor wants them:

GSdx
Renderer: Direct3D11 (Software)
Extra rendering threads: 4
Edge anti-aliasing on

Speedhacks
EE Cyclerate: 3
VU Cycle Stealing: 2
Recommended hacks plus MTVU enabled (in other words, everything but fast CDVD)[/b]
Ah yes, I remember the old discussions about the R&C trilogy and mipmapping. Nice to know there's finally a good fix for that. Smile By the way, the DX11 software renderer also seems to fix the "pause screen BG turns solid colour" problem.

I, too, tried running R&C using oxguy3's settings. As mentioned, this seems to fix the textures quite beautifully; I only ever noticed the occasional blink-and-you'll-miss-it blip in some random texture, compared to the hardware renderer's horrid blotch-spam. Oddly enough, though, while changing the cycle rates/stealing improved the titlescreen framerate, the in-game FPS seemed higher without it. Huh Go figure.

Currently, my framerate stays consistently above 40, often climbing all the way up to 60 FPS. Except for the DX11 software renderer w/ 4 extra threads + edge AA, I'm using all default settings.

Considering that my processor GHz is over 30% lower than what oxguy and refraction recommend, I'd say 40-60 FPS is pretty decent. I'm happy. Biggrin

EDIT: Okay, apparently that last screenshot (of Planet Aridia) shows my FPS below 40. That fat building in the distance is clearly a spy, because it's SAPPIN' MAH FRAMERATE. D:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X @4.7GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 (8GB)

Build Description: PCSX2 1.6.0 - Windows
If other please specify: N/A

BIOS Used: USA v02.30(20/02/2008) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal (0/0)
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

GSdx Settings: OpenGL Hardware, 6x Native, Anistropic Filtering 16x, Mipmapping Full, CRC Hack Level Auto, DATE Accuracy Full, High Blending Accuracy, Texture Filtering Bilinear (PS2), Geometry Sharer Enabled, Image Load Store Enabled, Sparse Texture Disabled

GSdx HW Hacks: None

Speedhacks Used: MTVU

Gamefixes Used: N/A

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): completed-game

Comments:
Played very well. Some areas had frame rate drops, but largely smooth around 60fps. Frame drops were minor and didn't affect playability much...almost perfect.
Played a lot with MTVU disabled and with it enabled. Very little difference overall, but slight speed increase with it enabled in some areas where the frame rate would drop.

Bugs:

1. Pause menu has solid gray color minus one square in the top left.
2. Occasionally, the game will crash after playing for a long time. (May be related to MTVU)
3. Sometimes after skipping cut-scenes the game is all black, but game sounds keep playing as though it is still running. Must shutdown and boot the ISO again. (May be related to MTVU)

Status
Playable