Ratchet & Clank and general issues
Hey,

I've just discovered PCSX2 and decided I'd try and reply some games from my favourite series, Ratchet & Clank. I know, it's a troublesome game; I've done a bit of reading, but as some of the threads I was reading were quite old and my laptop is quite new, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel i7 Processor (2 Ghz)
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

Basically, the main problem is that the game runs quite slowly. There were also some graphical glitches but I think I may have fixed them by switching to the Direct3D11 Software renderer.

I've tried a few speedhacks and messed around with some settings but the problem remains. So my first question is, can anyone recommend any good settings? Has anyone, ever, got this game working to a reasonable degree?

I have a second problem, however, which is perhaps more annoying than the lag as it prevents me from quickly trying out lots of different settings; I am using the mouse for the game, and every time I return to the emulator by pressing "Esc", the mouse disappears and I usually have to close the emulator and start it up again, which is very frustrating. I have tried assigning a "Release Mouse" key, but it doesn't always work. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

- Boggy

Sponsored links

Ratchet and Clank is very slow, you might benifit from grabbing the buildbot beta and using the MTVU speedhack, that should buy you 10fps or so Smile

other than that, not much you can do without overclocking, which as it's a laptop, id recommend against!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

When Final Fantasy is perfectly Emulated, Developers will then Focus on Ratchet and Clank
You trolled your last memory card.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ok, thanks... if anyone else has any advice then it would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I guess I'll just wait.

Any thoughts on my mouse issue?
(09-15-2011, 05:14 PM)refraction Wrote: You trolled your last memory card.

nobody saw that coming Laugh
I've just bought a usb controller so I'm pretty committed to this now - does anyone know anything about the mouse problem I'm experiencing? Essentially it just disappears sometimes when I try to minimize the game, and the "Release Mouse" button doesn't help.