Ratchet and Clank
I Know. But why the Mimapping support (The reason for the garbage textures in hardware mode) is implented in GSDX only in Software Mode, and Not in Hardware Mode?

Sponsored links

(07-18-2013, 04:34 PM)Assassin47 Wrote: I Know. But why the Mimapping support (The reason for the garbage textures in hardware mode) is implented in GSDX only in Software Mode, and Not in Hardware Mode?

rama & refraction can answer it better Smile
(07-18-2013, 04:34 PM)Assassin47 Wrote: I Know. But why the Mimapping support (The reason for the garbage textures in hardware mode) is implented in GSDX only in Software Mode, and Not in Hardware Mode?

In software rendering, everything is emulated by the CPU, while in hardware rendering, the work is done by your GPU.

The plus side of software rendering is that it can pretty much emulate everything readily.
The cons side is that it's also exceptionally slow compared to the capabilities of the actual GPU hardware.

While i'm having trouble finding an article explaining what each rendering is, you should at least know that your view of those two is not what you had in mind Tongue
I Just tried all of the games again in software mode, and I diabled the mipmap support (by pressing the 'insert' button), but there was no difference in the fps, it was exactly the same, so I think that probably it has no effect on the performance, so I Don't Understand Why it is so hard to implent it on hardware mode. I am just curious though.
(07-18-2013, 11:14 PM)Assassin47 Wrote: I Just tried all of the games again in software mode, and I diabled the mipmap support (by pressing the 'insert' button), but there was no difference in the fps, it was exactly the same, so I think that probably it has no effect on the performance, so I Don't Understand Why it is so hard to implent it on hardware mode. I am just curious though.

you could ask gabest or one of the pcsx2 devs.
But I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to understand the anwser ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go