Ratchet and Clank 2 Dropped Frames
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask a question about running RaC 2 on the latest PCSX2 1.7 Dev build. I saw a video from the Devs of all the RaC games working with no lag at all. I've tried out the settings included in the description and while the game run at a steady 60fps when nothing is happening on screen and I'm just moving around, as soon as there are multiple enemies the game becomes very choppy. The FPS will remain at 60 but the game is noticably slower. Not sure if it's a spec issue or not but I would appreciate it if anyone would let me know.

My current PC Specs are as follows:

GTX 1070

9700k OC'd to 5.1Ghz

16GB DDR4 3100mhz

Any insight into this issue would be appreciated, thanks everyone!
Biggrin

Sponsored links

This is natural game behavior. Ratchet and Clank is one of only a few PS2 games which will change its framerate in real time.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can increase the EE cyclerate to level 1 and this will make the games reduce their framerate slightly less. Do not go to levels 2 or 3; 2 will cause SPS, 3 will instantly freeze the game.
(04-21-2021, 01:38 AM)Fragcoid Wrote: My current PC Specs are as follows:

GTX 1070

9700k OC'd to 5.1Ghz

16GB DDR4 3100mhz

Any insight into this issue would be appreciated, thanks everyone!
Biggrin

wow really...and i haved planned to upgrade my CPU in a few days ahead.

@fragcold
whats is your GSdx's upscale multiplier did you use?
and is your MTVU was enabled?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(04-21-2021, 06:22 AM)smartstrike Wrote: wow really...and i haved planned to upgrade my CPU in a few days ahead.

@fragcold
whats is your GSdx's upscale multiplier did you use?
and is your MTVU was enabled?

I've mainly been using 6x, but I've been experimenting with every multiplierĀ and they don't really impact performance from my end.

(04-21-2021, 04:56 AM)pandubz Wrote: This is natural game behavior. Ratchet and Clank is one of only a few PS2 games which will change its framerate in real time.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can increase the EE cyclerate to level 1 and this will make the games reduce their framerate slightly less. Do not go to levels 2 or 3; 2 will cause SPS, 3 will instantly freeze the game.

Will try that out, thanks for the help Smile