Ratchet and Clank 2 runs buggy/slow
So yeah, I tried to start Ratchet and Clack: going commando and it all goes well until after the first cutscene, the graphics get all buggy (see pic) and the game runs slow

Any idea what I need to do?

Picture: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521...clank.png/

I have 4GB RAM and my processor is: Intel Core i5 M520 @ 2,40GHz

Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

hm i have that problem too, u use laptop ?
yep, it's on a laptop, but I don't see why that should be a problem
A different game (Monster hunter 2) works just fine
i don't know why most of games lags in laptop
nothing u can do about it i think :/
Mainly due to the fact, that the recommended CPU Requirements are a Quad Core with atleast a speed of 3 Ghz. This Requirement is for most games enough, but there are games out there that are way heavier then others. I keep saying this over and over and please don't take this the wrong way guys, but don't use a laptop for PCSX2, this emulator is pretty heavy on your CPU and since a laptop cpu runs on a lower speed, to take the stress off the battery gaming is actually not truely intended for it. I would also to ask you hellkirl to post a bit more info about your hardware, which PCSX2 version and which versions your plugins are Smile
Yeah, but since Mnster hunter 2 worked, I expected Ratchet and Clank to work as well, since that game is 2-3 years older than MH2

And I bought my laptop at school, when I tried going for Game design, so I think it should be able to handle pretty much Smile

Uhm, my plugins are:
GS: GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse4-r4600]
PAD: SSSPSX PAD Pressure Mod 1.7.1 [PadSSSPSX]
SPU2: SPU2-X r4600m 1.4.0 [spu2-x-r4600]
CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r4510) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz]
USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0 [USBnull]
FW: FWnull Driver 0.7.0 [FWnull]
DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.5.0 [DEV9null]
even if it's older, doesn't mean the game can/will run better, every game needs it's own settings/tweaks, ofcourse some games do work as good with the settings/tweaks of other games. So PCSX2 is well in my opinion alot of Trial and Error with each game Smile
1 - 2.4 Ghz simply isn't enough for a game like Ratchet & clank.
2 - Comparing it to another PS2 game is just a complete nonsense. See FFX is in 3d, but requires less raw power to emulate than Odin sphere. MGS3 is harder to emulate than God of War, even if GoW is youger.

your plugins settings would help, too...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
AFAIK, one of the developer mentioned before about how RC2 aren't emulated well enough by PCSX2. Smile

(12-25-2011, 08:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: See FFX is in 3d, but requires less raw power to emulate than Odin sphere.

Indeed. It still bugging me that Odin Sphere is heavier that FFX, while Odin Sphere is a 2D game. Wacko

[i]~Many people find that there's no mercy left for such a small mistake.~[/i]
I have an Intel i7 and an Nvidia Geforce GTX 765M and the same glitches happen to me.