Ratchet and Clank Processor STP
(01-02-2018, 01:01 PM)superlegend Wrote: I have the same problem too. I optimized my settings, but at places it's still a bit laggy

I guess the emulator just needs optimisations.

I read somewhere a while ago that it's something to do with the game's textures. I could be wrong. Getting them to emulate properly is difficult if I recall.
Sly Cooper and the Jak and Daxter series have this problem too I think. I'm not sure. I could just be talking a load of crap Laugh
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.

Sponsored links

Fwiw, on OpenGL you could have some slowdown if "blending accuracy" is enabled. It is used to emulate some shadows. Accurate blending requires to flush the GPU caches every primitives. However it could also be a texture transfer issue. In both cases, you have low activity on both CPU and GPU, both are waiting to data.
(01-02-2018, 03:53 PM)gregory Wrote: Fwiw, on OpenGL you could have some slowdown if "blending accuracy" is enabled. It is used to emulate some shadows. Accurate blending requires to flush the GPU caches every primitives. However it could also be a texture transfer issue. In both cases, you have low activity on both CPU and GPU, both are waiting to data.

I'm using DX11.
I don't know if the low activity on the CPU/GPU is a problem on my part, or...?
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
The texture transfer part is also for DX Wink Dx doesn't emulate the shadow correctly.
(01-02-2018, 06:52 PM)gregory Wrote: The texture transfer part is also for DX Wink Dx doesn't emulate the shadow correctly.

This is a pretty crap question, but would it be a simple process to optimise the R&C series?
If it was that simple you'd probably have done it by now, hence why it's a bad question... But I don't have much knowledge about how PCSX2 works Laugh
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
It would be like making a specific gamefix/hack. It's not what pcsx2 aims at
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-02-2018, 08:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: It would be like making a specific gamefix/hack. It's not what pcsx2 aims at

Oh, fair enough.

I just assumed that there could be some additional emulator improvements to make it run more reliably, since this is a problem with each game in the series. Just like when hardware mipmapping was implemented to remove texture glitches - that was an emulator improvement and it fixed the series.

Surely the aim of PCSX2 is to make each game run as accurately as possible, even if that means creating game specific hacks. But, who am I to say anything. You're the moderator Tongue
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
If you want to know, on a GTX 1060 with 8Gb of ram and a AMD fx 8350, these games are fine (I am using OpenGL along with full blending), I can recommend you to use blending at the basic level along with the partial invalidation hack, just don't touch any EE cyclerate or VU cycle stealing value, they can cause crash.

To resume, if your cpu have a STP of 1700 or more, you should be fine and you have a Nvidia card wich mean, no perf impact on OpenGL.

And about bugs with distant texture, you can enable trilinear filtering along with full mipmapping, but it is still not as accurate as the software render.
Quote:Surely the aim of PCSX2 is to make each game run as accurately as possible
not exactly.
Main goal is to emulate the console as accurately as possible.
The more accurate the hardware emulation is, the more accurate the games emulation will be
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-02-2018, 09:54 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: If you want to know, on a GTX 1060 with 8Gb of ram and a AMD fx 8350, these games are fine (I am using OpenGL along with full blending), I can recommend you to use blending at the basic level along with the partial invalidation hack, just don't touch any EE cyclerate or VU cycle stealing value, they can cause crash.

To resume, if your cpu have a STP of 1700 or more, you should be fine and you have a Nvidia card wich mean, no perf impact on OpenGL.

And about bugs with distant texture, you can enable trilinear filtering along with full mipmapping, but it is still not as accurate as the software render.
And you get no slowdowns whatsoever? I get FPS drops left right and centre. I'm still trying to decide whether Planet Umbris or Planet Batalia gave me the worst FPS drops Laugh

(01-02-2018, 09:59 PM)jesalvein Wrote: not exactly.
Main goal is to emulate the console as accurately as possible.
The more accurate the hardware emulation is, the more accurate the games emulation will be
Yeah that's fair enough... I guess it all ties in with each other.
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,