Ratchet and Clank Processor STP
(01-02-2018, 10:20 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: And you get no slowdowns whatsoever? I get FPS drops left right and centre. I'm still trying to decide whether Planet Umbris or Planet Batalia gave me the worst FPS drops Laugh

Yeah that's fair enough... I guess it all ties in with each other.

The Ratchet and Clank games are known to be among the worst offenders of EE bottlenecking, and you kind of have to work around that. I mentioned MTVU and you said you were using that. Personally I run EE cyclerate at level 3 and VU cycle stealing at level 1, and on my CPU (which is a 1400 some STR) it still slows at heavy parts, but it takes a bit of the edge off of the slowdowns. Perhaps you could give that configuration a go and see if it takes the edge off for yourself?

Sponsored links

(01-03-2018, 01:56 AM)pandubz Wrote: The Ratchet and Clank games are known to be among the worst offenders of EE bottlenecking, and you kind of have to work around that. I mentioned MTVU and you said you were using that. Personally I run EE cyclerate at level 3 and VU cycle stealing at level 1, and on my CPU (which is a 1400 some STR) it still slows at heavy parts, but it takes a bit of the edge off of the slowdowns. Perhaps you could give that configuration a go and see if it takes the edge off for yourself?

I really hate VU cycle stealing because it makes the game look awfully choppy, so I refuse to use it Laugh
Unfortunately, having any positive EE Cyclerate setting barely does anything for me on this game, so that's why I have mine set at -1.

I guess we'll have to play the waiting game... Maybe this game will play better in the future. All that matters is that we can play it reasonably well and you can only commend the mods for that.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
try my speedhack settings i only use that settings on MGS3.....the rest is preset 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
VU Cycle Stealing is never useful imo. I don't know why we still have it...

Besides, the game is absolutely EE bottlenecked. There's no reason to use speedhacks on the VU.
OP, you "just" need to get the best CPU you can get at the highest clock speed. An Intel 8600K/8700K running at 5GHz has a 56.25% higher clock speed than your 3.2GHz CPU, and also better single threaded performance. If it's 10%, that would make it 71.875% stronger than yours. If you are getting >35fps now, it can mean fullspeed with that new CPU.

You can even overclock the EE so the game doesn't drop frames internally if you have performance to spare.

Still, even with the currently best CPU in the world, there can be situations in these games where you drop below 60fps.

Let's wait and see what happens with the very recent problem found in all Intel CPUs, and hope it doesn't harm emulation or PC games...
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
(01-03-2018, 03:08 PM)masterotaku Wrote: OP, you "just" need to get the best CPU you can get at the highest clock speed. An Intel 8600K/8700K running at 5GHz has a 56.25% higher clock speed than your 3.2GHz CPU, and also better single threaded performance. If it's 10%, that would make it 71.875% stronger than yours. If you are getting >35fps now, it can mean fullspeed with that new CPU.

You can even overclock the EE so the game doesn't drop frames internally if you have performance to spare.

Still, even with the currently best CPU in the world, there can be situations in these games where you drop below 60fps.

Let's wait and see what happens with the very recent problem found in all Intel CPUs, and hope it doesn't harm emulation or PC games...

Where did you get 71.9% from? The 8600K has a 30% better STP rating, the 8700K has a 34% better STP rating. 56.3% + any of the STP rating percentages isn't 71.9%.

I don't think that the clock speed is the issue here. A 3.2GHz quad-core is fine. Evidently it's the STP that needs to improve for running R&C games well.
I also think that the total percentage increase of clock speeds and STP ratings isn't a good quantitative measure of how much stronger a processor is compared to another Tongue

But yeah I agree with the last part 100%. It's a real blow for Intel users. Even a 5% performance hit is enough. At least AMD have got the edge on Intel now... Laugh
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
I've never seen a disassembly error before. It probably has little relevance. This is the debugger for R&C, just to avoid confusion.

GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,