Ratchet and Clank constant slowdown
How can Ratchet and Clank (a game from 2002) perform worse than God of War (a game from 2005)

4 or more years ago I played God of War using PCSX2 and the game was stable with 60 FPS almost all the time, now I'm playing Ratchet and Clank using the latest version of the software and there are drops to 35 to 45 a lot of the time, so what is the problem here?
Is it because I'm using the latest version of PCSX2 and maybe I should use an older vesion?
Is it because Ratchet and Clank is more demanding than God of War?
Is it my PC? I know it's quite old but God of War already worked just fine, that's why I don't think it's the PC.

My Specs:
I3 4160 3.6 GHz
GTX 750TI 2GB GDDR5
8GB DDR3 RAM 

Sponsored links

Quote:Is it because Ratchet and Clank is more demanding than God of War?
yes
Quote:Is it my PC? I know it's quite old but God of War already worked just fine, that's why I don't think it's the PC.
this too. your PC is too old and weak for a demanding game like R&C
Moreover, pcsx2 will be more demanding as time passes since it's becoming more accurate too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-21-2022, 01:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: yes
this too. your PC is too old and weak for a demanding game like R&C
Moreover, pcsx2 will be more demanding as time passes since it's becoming more accurate too

Thanks for helping.
I forgot to mention that no matter what resolution I use the FPS always stays exactly the same, so is this normal or should I restart the program in order for changes to take effect?
Sorry one more question, in my case do you recommend using PAL games from now on since they technically require less FPS to run at full speed?
(07-21-2022, 02:05 PM)mr_megablue Wrote: I forgot to mention that no matter what resolution I use the FPS always stays exactly the same, so is this normal or should I restart the program in order for changes to take effect?
I don't think so. i think you're cpu limited. Upscaling will tax your gpu. taht's why you don't see any difference
Quote:Sorry one more question, in my case do you recommend using PAL games from now on since they technically require less FPS to run at full speed?
Won't change anything
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-21-2022, 02:31 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I don't think so. i think you're cpu limited. Upscaling will tax your gpu. taht's why you don't see any difference
Won't change anything

Thanks.