Ratchet and Clank freezes
okay can you also try the latest svn version please?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the main emulator program, I went to the downloads page, it had the download for 1.0.0 r5350, which is what I'm already using.
He means this
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
Woohoo! I have no idea why it works now, but the glitch is gone! Now to import my memory card from the old version so I don't have to start the other games over....thanks, guys!

Though one question, though...how do I import said save files? Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize the new version had in-folder memcard, rather than the separate folder.
if you delete the portable.ini file in the pcsx2 folder, it will use your old folders. if not you will have to go to Config-> Clear all settings and redo it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Hello ! if womeone encounters this problem again with the newest version this day, I have sorted it out !

Freezes happen when VU Clamping modes are set to the first two options ! Setting it to full or extra + preserve sign wipes out freezes for good.

you're welcome !
Tongue 
I know this thread is ancient but I mean I found it in 2018...

I was also having the same issue of throwing my wrench and the game freezing, as well as random game freezes beginning at when I tried leveling through Gaspar. 

I was just trying any/all settings. I noticed in your settings you had the "EE/FPU Advanced Recompiler Options" clamping mode set to "None" and noticed I did as well. As soon as I set the mode to the default "Normal" my game unfroze and I no longer had the wrench game freezes or the other random freezes as I went through the map.

Just set both the clamping modes to Normal. There's really no reason to change any of those settings unless you know changing those settings will make your specific game run better. It seems it has only caused more problems here.

But also if the suggestion before my post works better for you then just do that. I found the VU clamping mode to have zero effect on my issue and decided to just leave it at Normal. But hey it could have been a fix since I'm using a far newer version. Or just differences in computers. Who knows?

Hopefully that helps if anyone else has this same issue. C:

(P.S. friendly tip: if you're still dealing with garbage textures in Ratchet and Clank go download the PCSX2 dev version 1.5.0. It has an option in the video plug-in for Direct3D 11 hardware, set the "Mipmapping (Ins)" to Basic (fast).)
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.