Ratchet and Clank is super slow.
I have been playing mostly Kingdom Hearts but also some other games on the emulator, but I decided to play Ratchet and Clank 1, and when I launched it, I was getting 24 fps or 40% speed. Idk why this is happening because all the other games I play run at 60 fps or 100% speed. I don't know if its the game itself or some setting I may need to tweak. Please let me know!

Any help is appreciated!

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
the game is "real" demanding would you mind telling us your CPU model and the GPU model.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
The Ratchet and Clank games are difficult to emulate, so they run slow on even the best equipped machines.
In terms of PCSX2 settings, there's not really much you can do, probably nothing at all, to make the R&C games run faster - the main reason why they run slow is due to your hardware.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
(04-02-2018, 01:11 PM)smartstrike Wrote: the game is "real" demanding would you mind telling us your CPU model and the GPU model.

AMD Phenom II 3.0 ghz
8gb ddr3 ram 
GTX 1050 ti 4gb vram

(04-02-2018, 08:21 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

Well because R&C didn't work I kinda deleted it. My bad. I can try it again, and so I would copy the WHOLE emulog after I launch R&C, also R&C isn't crashing its just super slow.
ok.
if you make your iso again because you feel like playing it, post your emulog again.
But i would get my hopes too high with your rig.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
A sort of hack that I did to get it to run sort of alright on an i7-4710HQ was to jam the EE cyclerate up to 3 and VU cycle stealing to 1. But the improvement was marginal at best and that CPU could already handle a lot (but definitely not all) of the game at full speed. So if you're starting at 40%, your CPU may simply just not be cut out for it.
(04-19-2018, 02:23 PM)pandubz Wrote: A sort of hack that I did to get it to run sort of alright on an i7-4710HQ was to jam the EE cyclerate up to 3 and VU cycle stealing to 1. But the improvement was marginal at best and that CPU could already handle a lot (but definitely not all) of the game at full speed. So if you're starting at 40%, your CPU may simply just not be cut out for it.

Ugh, VU cycle stealing... Makes my head hurt when I enable it...
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
(04-19-2018, 09:01 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: Ugh, VU cycle stealing... Makes my head hurt when I enable it...

Oh yeah, it's really sloppy. It "smooths the small bumps" but any big drops arguably get worse.