Ratchet and Clank slowdowns
New here, thought id ask you guys for help.

Im getting problems with FPS on planets like Kerwan where theres a bunch of ships flying overhead, other than that everything is fine. How could i correct this issue as the slow downs arent game breaking, but take away from my Ratchet and Clank experience.

-GSdx AVX2
-OpenGL (hardware)
-3x native
-bilinear filtering (ps2)
-16x AA
-Full Mipmapping
-CRC Hack is Partial
-Accurate Date is checked, (IDK what this setting does)
-Blending unit accuracy is on high
-In the shader settings i enabled FXAA and the External Shader

i7-4790k
GTX 980ti
16GB Ram
Emulator and games stored on SSD

Sponsored links

The only option you have is lowering the multiplied resolution, and try turning on MTVU. Remember. Ratchet and clank is a very demanding game. So you may not get full FPS even with that.
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
You can try lowering Blending Unit Accuracy as well.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Blending unit accuracy can be off for this game, although the impact of basic is minimal, if you insist on turning everything on to max (or just turning everything on like you seem to be doing)

MipMapping should be fine also on Basic and that should be quicker than Full mipmapping also.

It's hard to say what's slow unless you can give us EE, GS and VU percentages. Also how slow are the slowdowns?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-17-2016, 12:20 AM)refraction Wrote: Blending unit accuracy can be off for this game, although the impact of basic is minimal, if you insist on turning everything on to max (or just turning everything on like you seem to be doing)

MipMapping should be fine also on Basic and that should be quicker than Full mipmapping also.

It's hard to say what's slow unless you can give us EE, GS and VU percentages. Also how slow are the slowdowns?

sorry it took so long, my EE has nothing changed, they're all grayed out so i couldn't change them if i wanted to, and same with VUs.

in my GS settings i havent changed anything. BFA 100, SMA 50, TA 200 and frame skipping is disabled.

im falling to about 30-40 fps when these slow downs occur
(12-16-2016, 11:57 PM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: The only option you have is lowering the multiplied resolution, and try turning on MTVU. Remember. Ratchet and clank is a very demanding game. So you may not get full FPS even with that.

where do you turn on MTVU?
It's under speedhacks
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
MTVU is Config->Emulation settings->Speedhacks Tab.

Did you try the things refraction suggested?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Kerwan seems to be entirely CPU-limited as far as I can tell - in the slow areas using lower quality GSdX settings has no impact on performance.

MTVU should improve things considerably.
In the worst spot I can find on Kerwan I get just over 50fps using similar settings to those mentioned in the OP - but at 5x Native, Trilinear filtering, Basic mipmapping, widescreen patched. I'd say a 4790k should be able to get near full speed in the slowest areas on Kerwan (some of the later planets might be a different story). 980 Ti can probably handle even higher resolutions without issues.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
And this is entirely why I play the R&C games on my ps2 through HDloader.. stupid disc drive -.- Yes it looks like "crap" on hdtv. But at least then i don't have to worry about hardware issues.
[Image: xckarn-5.png]