Raw Danger (low FPS)
(05-29-2012, 12:53 AM)Levaniko Wrote: AcidRains

I'm sorry can you explain please what to do with that pnatch file? Put it in cheats folder in any rev? I'm not very good at these things, so does it speedup good enough to be playable?

That was a patch, in order to use it you need to patch it into current gsdx source code and do the compiling. Not really an easy work if you happens to knows few about compiling.
and for the speed, i think it's quite playable since i was using scaling x3, and fps remains steady at 60fps from intro to the beginning of the scene.

and for the bug or other glitches under hardware rendering, according to author of this patch. mostly has been "fix" and should post no major problem of complete the game with it.

Sponsored links

I have no idea how to do it, can you upload pnatched rev if it's not a problem for you please? And if it's not against the rules of course, I'll be very thankful Smile

P.S. If you have x86 OS
Well, that does look interesting. It doesn't look perfect in HW rendering, but it looks a little different than it was before, and you say it increases FPS.

Well, if I have free time, I guess I'll download 8 programs (the links to some are broken), install 8 programs, acquire the source code, and stick it all together.

(ack.)
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
AcidRains, since you seem to have compiled it, would you mind just PMing me the GSdx plugin you are using so I can play with it?

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Thanks for sending me the copy, AcidRains.

SkipLayer = 11 seems to get rid of all the postprocessing effects (except that one blurry effect on HW) and any ghosting effects caused by any lower levels, but the HUD elements and text are removed before then.

Edit: Actually, sometimes the text shows up, but rarely. That's weird.

Edit2: The ghosting effects and such caused by lower levels of skiplayer seem less likely to happen with less stuff on screen, so you might be able to get away with a lower level during gameplay. Skiplayer = 5 will keep all the text and the HUD elements for you.

Edit3: That one effect, however, that I said created a psuedo-3D look in the locker room only seems to get worse as I skip more layers, adding bigger and bigger vertical lines of green the higher the SkipLayer level.

This effect only goes away at a whopping skiplayer = 162.

Edit4: The bad effect from cellphone lights and flashlights making the entire screen go green/purple is removed at a skiplayer level of 300.

The layer for the lights comes back with a vengeance in a cutscene -- you need skiplayer = 302 for that.

Of course, going up to a resounding level of 302 makes the game playable, but removes any sort of heads up display such as your compass, body temperature, and any text.

Edit5: More green came up after that cutscene, you need skiplayer = 323 to remove that. Screw it. If you want to ask AcidRains for a compiled build with those options, you can just go play at skiplayer=1000, because it doesn't remove anything else that's obvious...

This game is messed up, man.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Anything new about this game? Laugh has someone found a way to play in hardware mode?
It is something has to do with resolution, when I tick "native" it will run in a normal speed .Unsure
Also native x 6 was checked, and tried to use custom, and it seems to work .
I feel silly replying after these years, so I im sorry for that .
No necroing.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]