Rayman 2 Revolution slows down [NTSC SLUS-20138]
Quote:what do the ee% & gs % when you get slowdowns ?
General smooth in demanding scenes is worse, but without it, it runs in slow motion.
My VU/EE settings crashes/looping game in cinematics, game is unpassable, but without VU/EE max game is to slow.

Readings from at least 54-66/52-73 to max (more for max) one most lagging scene.

Quote:Better use the stable release from the mainpage and not the svn/git/orphis builds. The stable release has a slight performance boost.
Tried. Works different. Shows less FPS but works smoother, it is not great, but better. Plugins have been also changed.

Sponsored links

(07-11-2014, 07:43 PM)deton24 Wrote: My VU/EE settings crashes/looping game in cinematics, game is unpassable, but without VU/EE max game is to slow.
if you're talking about speedhacks, they are known to crash games if pushed too high. (actually, it's written next to the tickbox).

Quote:Readings from at least 54-66/52-73 to max (more for max) one most lagging scene.
since you have set internal res to 2x native, that's not surprising. your gpu is weak and is struggling. That's probably why you're getting slowdowns. If you set internal res to native, you'll probably get better results.

in short, you'll have to make a choice :
- use speedhacks @ max, but you'll get crashes.
- don't use speedhacks, you'll get slowdowns.

or

- get a decent PC
- keep playing on your PS2 until you can afford a better machine.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:If you set internal res to native, you'll probably get better results.
That's why emulator is strength. Better graphics.
Quote:- don't use speedhacks, you'll get slowdowns.
Without it, game not runs at good speed at normal scenes.

I just figuring that R2 is older but runs worse than newer R3. Here is some detail.
I'll check GPU demand..
(07-11-2014, 08:19 PM)deton24 Wrote: That's why emulator is strength. Better graphics.
Sure. But you are supposed to have a decent machine to do so
Quote:Without it, game not runs at good speed at normal scenes.
Because you machine isn't strong enough (especially GPU).
Quote:I just figuring that R2 is older but runs worse than newer R3.
depends on how the game is coded. it's possible R3 got some optimizations
As I tought, it's not GPU, and highest use of CPU is 91-96%, never 100%, from 41 to 60 on less wide scenes.
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1f8h61q1208pwkd/psuse.png
No need of upgrage this time..
I see.
well since you know what to do and how it works, I wonder why you came here looking for help ?
I received PM. jesalvein said that

my machine is to slow, 90% means actually 100%.
And he played this R2 with no slowdowns on his PC.
Also, speedhacks causes false fps readings

yes, they are similar, and normal 60fps is not same 60fps without speedhacks, runs more smooth generally.

and causes crashes -

rather VU/EE when animations was to fast. And it was with frame limiter disabled. Now it's not happens.

And I think there is no sign of stronger use of GPU in this case.
100% CPU usage was appeared for sec after disable VU/EE max
It's a waste that you haven't noticed what was your highest use of CPU, rather we don't need 560 GTX to pair, but plenty is no plague, then we can find out optimum CPU.
In this case i suggest set VU/EE to max, on worse computers (as I wrote there), not everyone has Core i7, and finally rather disable speedhacks. edit. but not especially when you spotting jams, particularly on more poor computer than mine.

60 fps -
enabled VU/EE max - less smooth
(with speedhacks less smooth, but with same fps during moves of camera better)
<60 fps -
enabled VU/EE max - more smooth
(with speedhacks more smooth only in several moments, generally worse,
but i haven't tested all game with all settings, for ex. on most demanding place when game is running really slowly with speedhack i thought that games behaves better, but it more harms then help in most places, edit. and now I see not harms for the worst places, second bad place confirmed, it's not exist to often. Ok, one thing verified. But I'll test.)
FPS is not any kind of reliable measure when game runs at slow motion at 30, at least 2x too slow, and also 60fps with max VU/EE with enabled/disabled speedhacks is not the same in all places. Above 60fps with speedhack it's also not the same. One conclussion, better limit of frames when speedhacks enabled. You need to be carefully when you pressing F4 for disable/enable limit because it's not refreshing during pressing in opened window. That has caused me problems.
My mind is boggled only thing i got was his pc is on the low end at this point
wtf? who opened the thread again?

I got the conclusion:
you have slowdowns -> put speedhacks to max
you don't have slowdowns -> don't use speedhacks

Maybe we should close the forum and just write this on the main page.
I'm sorry, but I asked to open thread again to share my observations.
First conclussion is there is no greater chance to overcome slowdowns with getting support by emulator correction as jesalvein said me since you're treating my problem as I need PC's Core i7 to run that.
Second conclussion is that speed hack and VU/EE settings are wrong in FPS readings so frame limiter relying on these readings can slow to much the game, despite that limiter is getting 60 fps. This is what I working now in frame limiter settings. But still it's not solves problem in slowing down on more wide areas.
Otherwise big thanks to wilkuer for info about stable release, helped a little, and thank you for everyone supporting and developing emulator. You're making great work. Thanks.
Sorry for my language mistakes.
Greetings.
edit
I realized that my settings was compulsory long time ago, without them, game was ran very slow and bad, now there is no as this clear difference as before. Maybe it was emulator version, maybe because no OC. But now I really recommend my settings too. Especially for less modern PC. There is less jams and faster game. Just carefull about F4 press, then game can crash. That's all.
New speed fix. Guide.
Since gamefixes causes little slow down of usual 60fps we can adjust fps manually by Turbo Mode.
Set in GS tab Turbo Adjust at 105% and activate it by disable frame limiter (if enabled [you have 60 fps]) by F4 key and press Tab to activate Turbo mode (62,94 FPS). Now you have better smooth. Remeber that you can't activate Turbo Mode if you have frame limiter (60 FPS [50 PAL]) enabled. See at console when changing settings, shows all what you're changing. Misc =>Show Console

edit. some settings can be depended from wrong version of Gdsx. I have SSE4.1, it was 2.

edit.2

Now I'd like to say that I heard that since 1.4.0 version, there are some nice changes for better, in matter of smoothness of Revolution. Thank you.