Read From Cd/Dvd
Sad 
Hey, im trying to run my games from the dvds, ive made it work with isos so i know its gotta be configured right, so i have it set to P.E.Op.S. CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0 that is included in the version 0.9.4 of PCSX2
Now whenever i try to run from cd (yes its set to the cd drive, has an interface compatible with a late windows version) it just goes to the output window, with (attachment)

NOTE: I Am using windows vista, although i cant see that causing the problem, as vista runs the iso images perfectly on the emulator, unless im just being silly and id need a vista cd driver....

ty answerers.Ninja

p.s. i have the dev9, usb and firewire set to null yet they still come up in the output window as if doing something, which my brother said they shudnt do Wacko

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Sorry to ask it, but what is precisely your problem ?

You didn't mention it and the "output window' doens't show anything weird
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
try Gabest's cd/dvd/iso plugin for that. Also make sure that you don't have the iso of the same disc loaded on a virtual drive.
The Precise Nature Is I Click Run From Cd/Dvd and NOTHING happens, it just goes to the output window.
i shall try the Gabest's cd/dvd/iso plugin!
many thanks

Hmm The Version of Gabest's cd/dvd/iso plugin 0.1.0 i got from Emuforums
just says "error opening cdvd plugin, then fades to the output window Sad

Hmm something that seems to work called gigaherz 0.7.0, its working but the disk seems to run slow, ill see how it goes.
no no no no....... i dont play from CVDV this is the cause of your slowly game.......u have to use......ISO games...from another plugin....use.....Zero plugin sound....non P.E.O.P plugin....and....hmmm..... GS plugin.......well i use the pirate plugin....Complex...that so better than......GS i think...lol............well byeeee man...response me.......I use.....Vista like u................... byeeeeee
Playing from an ISO is much faster than the original CD/DVD, if you have the storage space to spare stick with the ISO.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(01-09-2009, 09:30 PM)granenigma Wrote: well i use the pirate plugin....Complex...that so better than......GS i think...lol............well byeeee man...response me.......I use.....Vista like u................... byeeeeee

I still don't like you. And what's this "pirate" crap being "better" than GS, there's only three video plugins, those being ZeroGS DX, ZeroGS OGL and GSDX. Anything else is hacked crap that noone cares about. If it's not in this forum or Emuforums, don't even mention it.

I can't get off my head that you're a troll... but that's not what this topic's about.

@Op

Create an ISO with DVD Decrypter.
Use Linuzapps CDVD Plugin.

Do NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT read games directly from the DVDs. This hinders performance and playability overall.
I don´t like u too....and i don`t saida anything (lol) well well.......if u talked about this emu... u r right........this is only 3 graphics plugins and no more........try to play with GS with SS2 or 3 if your PC still availability for this.......and not run from DVD directly.... save an a ISO file and then try for thisss.......don`t more....... what means "troll" ???? i don´t know this "words", don`t said me bad words...eh......