Real 60 FPS on PCSX2 question and desire(wish) for developers
Hello distinguished developers. I have PC with good Performance for PCSX2 Enough to play with 50(pal),60(NTSC) Hz full speed emulation. And many people have somesing like this. But real FPS on Emulator window Half fps Sad this writen in FAQ section forum

"What is the normal speed for Playstation 2 games?

NTSC games have a normal speed of 60 frames per second.
PAL games have a normal speed of 50 frames per second.
Note that these speed are unlike what happens in normal PC games. Sound, graphic, everything is clocked at that speed. A NTSC game running at 30 frames per second is truly going at half the speed it should be. "

Why not solve this nuance as well as in the PSX emulator, suitable manner?

I hope that over time, this nuance is resolved. And having a good PC, we see a "real", 60 frames per second.

PS sorry for my bad English

Sponsored links

You misunderstood what it says.
It's just a comparison with PC 30fps.
Many people are confused when they get 30 fps in some PS2 game and it lags, while any PC game at 30 fps runs perfectly.
pcsx2 gives you real FPS (unless you enable frameskip option).
PCSX2 playable games show 60 fps on top line of window and work with ~100% performance, but it not PC 60 fps. This 60 hz for NTSC and 50 hz for PAL. In PSX emulator this nuance all ready agreed. And game work with 100% performance (60 hz for NTSC and 50 hz for PAL) at "Real" 60 fps ("PC fps").
Frame skip not do this correct for the present moment!
(07-18-2011, 04:13 AM)finaler_xxx Wrote: PCSX2 playable games show 60 fps on top line of window and work with ~100% performance, but it not PC 60 fps. This 60 hz for NTSC and 50 hz for PAL. In PSX emulator this nuance all ready agreed. And game work with 100% performance (60 hz for NTSC and 50 hz for PAL) at "Real" 60 fps ("PC fps").
Frame skip not do this correct for the present moment!

The problem or nuance here, is that "we" r rly ignorants in the fact that we dont know how the emulator work and how is that the gs and ee are made, u should search in the forums for this kind of post, and maybe u can understand why is so "hard/complicate" to emulate the ps2, so plz dont talk about the emulation of the ps2 like was something easy.
Okay, the video format dictates that we pump out either 50 or 60 vsyncs per second.
What the game decides to do with this time is up to the game itself.
Some slow games (Shadow of the Colossus) may just render 15 new frames but most games do exactly 25 (30)FPS.
... I really don't understand what's being asked here.

Are you saying that you hope that the emulator, one day, will be able to run games at full speed no matter the FPS? Because, in that case, it is impossible...
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(07-18-2011, 04:46 AM)rama Wrote: Okay, the video format dictates that we pump out either 50 or 60 vsyncs per second.

If there is no way around what the video format dictates, then there is simply nothing you can do.

Assuming you could, and the fact that...
(07-18-2011, 04:46 AM)rama Wrote: ...most games do exactly 25 (30)FPS...
...would leave you to wonder if there is a way to get the video format running at the same rate as the game, reducing the necessary FPS for "full speed" by half.

Well that's great! Now I only need 30fps to see the game run normal! But wait... Does this half the workload of the game's emulation? Is there suddenly less to process?

No. The same code still needs to be processed. You're not gettin' around it that easy. Tongue
(07-18-2011, 04:41 AM)ecchiless Wrote: The problem or nuance here, is that "we" r rly ignorants in the fact that we dont know how the emulator work and how is that the gs and ee are made, u should search in the forums for this kind of post, and maybe u can understand why is so "hard/complicate" to emulate the ps2, so plz dont talk about the emulation of the ps2 like was something easy.

I don't say about emulation of ps2 like something easy. Theme need explain for present and future.
The only things you can do to combat this is play with speedhacks and frame skipping. PC games are designed in such a way that they are likely to run slower than full speed, so the game skips rendering some frames to keep the gameplay smooth. PS2 games are designed with the knowledge of how powerful the machine will be and how it will perform, so the chance of slowdowns are zero. So the games will never know when they are running slow and frameskip on their own as the console never had to, unlike PC games (which is what was mentioned in the FAQ)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]