Real FPS?
Well, PCSX2 displays 60 FPS as max speed of all games, but I'm almost sure some PS2 games run 30 FPS instead of 60. Also when I use speed hacks I feel some drops, even under 30 FPS, but it shows 60 FPS anyway. Why PCSX2 doesn't show real FPS like Dolphin or PPSSPP?

Sponsored links

We don't have a reliable way of measuring FPS internally. The drops your getting would depend on your hardware and what speedhacks you're using - some can actually hinder performance in some cases.
The drops I mean are internat FPS, PCSX2 shows everything running 100% speed. This is something to expect when we use hacks, mainly if reduce the EE clock or something. But ok if it's some kind of limitation.
If the game misses frames and starts to slow down, we can't detect that, it still pushes the same 60 refreshes per second, and that is what we display. You can reduce the amount of internal slowdown by overclocking the EE of course.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeah, but this will cost some CPU performance, my CPU isn't too powerful for PCSX2 (Core i5 3470). Anyway I'll test some settings, overclocking works well on Dolphin for me.
Then use Dolphin since you like it so much Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I didn't mean Dolphin is better, I mean maybe works on PCSX2 if works on Dolphin.
That CPU is perfectly fine for PCSX2. I personally use an i5 3570k myself and its plenty for all games I play. I am betting you can eack out a little more than you thick with overclocking the ee like has been said.
That 3570 (assuming the 3470 is a typo) is definitely sufficient. Should be hovering in the same performance category as my 3770, with less hyperthreading (doesn't come into play here)..

What games are you seeing the slow down in.. there are some games that will punish that cpu. What internal resolution are you attempting to use.. and what gpu are you using (I suspect this isn't a problem, but that doesn't mean we cant use the info to help)?
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(12-13-2017, 03:25 PM)scythefwd Wrote: That 3570 (assuming the 3470 is a typo) is definitely sufficient.  Should be hovering in the same performance category as my 3770, with less hyperthreading (doesn't come into play here)..

What games are you seeing the slow down in.. there are some games that will punish that cpu.  What internal resolution are you attempting to use.. and what gpu are you using (I suspect this isn't a problem, but that doesn't mean we cant use the info to help)?

i5 3470 is not a typo, is exactly my CPU: https://ark.intel.com/pt-br/products/683...o-3_60-GHz

Well, most games I can run very well, I just remeber one particular game that drops to 45-50 FPS, but this can be "solved" by underclocking EE. I recently bought a GTX 660 for a really good price to replace my GTX 650, probably most drops were realted to my GPU when I tried to run games with 3x resolution.