Real time memory editing
So this is kinda of advanced request, does PCSX2 have real time memory editing feature? 
my case is im trying to create either a cheat code that will alter the game progress!
the game is Digimon world 4. The game has this signature weapon where you have to finish the game from start to finish killing all bosses without leaving the game or restarting it. saving and coming back doesn't work. this will spawn a Creature you kill and it will drop your weapon, 100% chance to whatever digimon you are controlling
 i guess save state would work, but i'm trying to find a way where i can alter the game data where i can check that the creature spawns without having to go through the game. 

if you guys need more explanation, im more than happy to. 
thank you in advance

Sponsored links

Tried cheat engine?
(02-25-2019, 10:05 AM)StriFe Wrote: Tried cheat engine?

okay yes cheat engine have memory view/editor, which is exactly what i need, but is there a way to compare the data? so basically, normally you go to this specific location and 3 mobs will spawn. but if you do kill all the bosses and go come to this spot, a new creature spawn replacing one of the 3 original mobs, is there a way i can compare the two events and see which variables change ??
I don't use cheat engine myself that deeply, you might have to ask on their forums or maybe someone else here can help you.
Cheat Engine is one option, PCSX2 also has a less feature rich debugger built in to it. Cheat Engine is probably more convenient but may take a little more getting used to.

Theoretically, yes, you can do this, but you're not just simply looking at "variables". You will be looking at assembly and memory without anything else to guide you, so you may want to familiarize yourself with disassemblers, debuggers and memory first.
(02-25-2019, 05:26 PM)pandubz Wrote: Cheat Engine is one option, PCSX2 also has a less feature rich debugger built in to it. Cheat Engine is probably more convenient but may take a little more getting used to.

Theoretically, yes, you can do this, but you're not just simply looking at "variables". You will be looking at assembly and memory without anything else to guide you, so you may want to familiarize yourself with disassemblers, debuggers and memory first.

would you kindly direct me in the right way to familiarize myself with those ??