Really good final fantasy 12 configuration for PCSX2 0.9.7.r3113
Well I don't know if this topic is any good I haven't made many posts if any at all but searching through the internet i didn't find any really good configs for ff12 on this emulator and i spent hours of trial and error messing with every little checkbox and bubble and value until I got a pretty good result I now have ff12 running full speed most of the time. This works for me I don't know about you but I'd thought id share and hopefully spare some of you hours of torment.

So here is my computer first of all

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Vidcard: ATI HD Radeon 4650 1gb version

and here is various screenshots of the windows from the configuration screens

(due to lots of images i wont put them in image tags)

Plugin settings

EE settings

VU settings

GS settings

Speedhacks

Video plugin settings

Audio plugin settings

Timescale settings

here is an ingame screen.

[Image: o8t1td.jpg]

I guess its not very pretty and I play in fullscreen but its windowed so you can see the data up top. BUt if your computer can handle it then go ahead and ramp up the graphics. Mine can but with slowdown at parts I like speed though.

Ok so that's done hopefully this will help people I don't know i just felt like sharing it took me forever to get these to work right.

Sponsored links

This is good game and iam really surprise with your specs can handle this game at full speed almost of the time. Seems latest pcsx2 0.97 beta give significant result in game with middle-low specs now, especially with non speedhacks being used. I tried this game in the past with my old AMD CPU 5200+ OC at 3.150mhz and i cant ever play this game with full speed almost of time even with using speedhacks and vuskip in option, try with old pcsx2 0.96.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I noticed that your gsdx plugin is the same as mine in the plugin screen - the one that came with the 0.9.7 installer, anyway - but the settings page looks different. Yours has gsdx10 but mine is gsdx9? am i doing something wrong?
on dxdiag, i have directx 10 installed
(06-12-2010, 11:44 PM)oasis Wrote: I noticed that your gsdx plugin is the same as mine in the plugin screen - the one that came with the 0.9.7 installer, anyway - but the settings page looks different. Yours has gsdx10 but mine is gsdx9? am i doing something wrong?

on the dropdown option next to renderer change it to direct3d10/11 hardware.
Core i5-750 @ 2.67
4GB CORSAIR XMS3
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770
(06-12-2010, 11:44 PM)oasis Wrote: I noticed that your gsdx plugin is the same as mine in the plugin screen - the one that came with the 0.9.7 installer, anyway - but the settings page looks different. Yours has gsdx10 but mine is gsdx9? am i doing something wrong?

dx10 renderer over dx9 renderer only has like 2 frames of difference anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

(06-12-2010, 06:50 AM)Register Wrote: This is good game and iam really surprise with your specs can handle this game at full speed almost of the time. Seems latest pcsx2 0.97 beta give significant result in game with middle-low specs now, especially with non speedhacks being used. I tried this game in the past with my old AMD CPU 5200+ OC at 3.150mhz and i cant ever play this game with full speed almost of time even with using speedhacks and vuskip in option, try with old pcsx2 0.96.

I did try with 0.96 and indeed the beta speeds things up greatly with 0.96 I was only ever able to get full speed in the most minimal of scenes like some places in lowtown or w/e that underground town is called.
I can get fullspeed now so I don't have to do frame skipping but I'm wondering how noticeable you think it is in this game since you have it enabled. I tried it before my upgrade and I couldn't stand it.
(06-13-2010, 12:59 AM)whywouldyoudothat Wrote: I can get fullspeed now so I don't have to do frame skipping but I'm wondering how noticeable you think it is in this game since you have it enabled. I tried it before my upgrade and I couldn't stand it.

with the beta I THINK I have it on and if it is on its not very noticeable at all

Can someone tell by my configs if i Have frameskip on or off? Because parts of rabanastre and other cities are 45 fps for me. Tongue
(06-13-2010, 01:04 AM)Xenxe Wrote:
(06-13-2010, 12:59 AM)whywouldyoudothat Wrote: I can get fullspeed now so I don't have to do frame skipping but I'm wondering how noticeable you think it is in this game since you have it enabled. I tried it before my upgrade and I couldn't stand it.

Can someone tell by my configs if i Have frameskip on or off? Because parts of rabanastre and other cities are 45 fps for me. Tongue

yes, it's the options on the right side of the gs section
Core i5-750 @ 2.67
4GB CORSAIR XMS3
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770
(06-13-2010, 01:51 AM)jediyoshi Wrote: yes, it's the options on the right side of the gs section

well I know that but changing any of these settings don't seem to do anything