Really not sure what I'm doing wrong here
Alright, so I've known about PCSX2 before and i was able to get it to run XGRA on my old Nvidea 7600GT.... for a while, that is.

Now I'm trying again, this time with a new DX 10 card (Nvidea 260GTX 898MB). Although i am running DirectX 9.0c

Please keep in mind, i am trying to run DVD rom games that i have legal copies of, i could just get a refurbished PS2 (mad at myself for selling my system), but for some reason whenever one loads from the drive it crashes.

The plugins are giving me fun issues such as cannot load (even after testing successful), etc.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong other then the fact that it may be Windows 7 Professional 64bit, PCSX2 runs in x86.

My DVDROM drive is an old Samsung WriteMaster drive. Could that be the issue?

Here are my system specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86ghz
Hard Drives:
1. Western Digital Raptor 80gig @ 10k RPM. (Main gaming drive)
2. Western Digital Cavalier Green 1.5TB @ 7200 RPM (Main storage drive)
Video Card: Nvidea Geforce XFX 260GTX 898MB

If you need more spec info please let me know. This is driving me crazy, because i have a feeling I'm doing something obviously wrong. I know that processor is kinda weak, could be conflicts.

Also please note, im not asking how fast it will run, hence the new topic. I just want to know what i can do to properly configure this.

Sponsored links

just create an iso from the disc..
don't use cd in ur drive..
i busted my disc using that method..
using iso is much safer..
also what error that arise??
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
(01-28-2010, 09:29 AM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: just create an iso from the disc..

It basically crashes and the system locks up. I have to take screenshots tonight. Thanks for the advice on the iso, ill see about doing that.
(01-28-2010, 02:19 PM)DriftNinja Wrote:
(01-28-2010, 09:29 AM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: just create an iso from the disc..

It basically crashes and the system locks up. I have to take screenshots tonight. Thanks for the advice on the iso, ill see about doing that.

well windows 7 can run pcsx2 just fine if not better. the problem is that u must put the files somewhere u have rights like my documents or "username" folder u got. run with administration rights all the time u run the emu. also always using iso images is the best safer and faster option u have. if u dont also try using r-1888 in dx 10 hardware if u still got issues post your setting plugins and everything u can think is needed and maybe we can help u better.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
^
^
^
well your [email protected]+Win7(x64)+pcsx2 can't handle that much try turn off Windows Aero to see the difference.
(Control Panel-->System-->Advanced System Settings-->click settings in the "Performance Category"--->select "Adjust for best performance")
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Win7 64bit /w a Dx10 card running 9.0c (x86) is probably not helping your situation for stability. Although I thought Win7 came with Dx11 inherently, which supports both Dx9 and Dx10 cards?
(01-31-2010, 09:23 AM)gair22 Wrote: Win7 64bit /w a Dx10 card running 9.0c (x86) is probably not helping your situation for stability. Although I thought Win7 came with Dx11 inherently, which supports both Dx9 and Dx10 cards?

yeah it supports them all 3 (dx9 dx10 dx11) but its better have a dx10 or more card
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
How do i install DX10/11 if its not on Microsoft's website?

Stupid question i know, I'm more of a hardware guy over a software techie.
(01-31-2010, 11:48 PM)DriftNinja Wrote: How do i install DX10/11 if its not on Microsoft's website?

Stupid question i know, I'm more of a hardware guy over a software techie.

just download and run the file in the link it will add all the files u miss and need

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en