Really strange Okami Glitch
hello again, so I've been running okami with anti-aliasing, 3x native etc, and getting a solid 60fps with limiting, the really weird thing is that when I enter a cut scene (affects most not all) or menu, or even the astral brush I drop down to 15fps which is really... just weird. So if anyone has a fix that'd be great

Specs

Intel i7 quadcore
8gb ram
Intel HD Graphics Family AND Nvidia 2000m
(I'm new so ask if you need more cause I don't really know what to give you :3)

About an hour into the game, entering the menu or astral brush didn't effect my fps, but now I'm in the first dungeon (I'm assuming that's what this is) and the problem has severely impacted performance

Sponsored links

dont play on 3x native that card isnt made for that, just play native and be lucky to even run the game...
(08-24-2012, 06:19 AM)warWeeny Wrote: dont play on 3x native that card isnt made for that, just play native and be lucky to even run the game...

well, I just tested it, and by going into areas that aren't glitched (so like 90 percent of them) I can run it with 5x, MSAA 4x, anti-aliasing and so on with 50 fps, so I doubt my systems the problem Tongue2
I don't know if this helps, but I found a thread yesterday with someone who had the same problem as me and he posted a video about it, but the thread was like 3 years old

here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEp_uV_LL8U&feature=plcp

Sorry, it doesn't have sound or anything, but it's fairly short
FPS drops can't be considered as glitches, especially if you use an extremely weak onboard graphics chip. You get good speeds in the rest of the game by luck, since apparently the game is not GPU-taxing. Slowdown when there is even a mild load on the GPU is perfectly normal with your specs
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I know the Intel chipset is weak, but I thought that the Nvidia quadro 2000m would be descent Sad
I can handle everything from small cluttered places to huge open spaces pretty well, and say a cut scene happened in a particular area (and the cutscene only contains a panning camera shot and some text) then the fps would drop to the 15-20's, but once it's over, I can move around and play (in that same area where the cutscene took place) at 60fps. Also, I HIGHLY doubt that accessing the astral brush uses more power then just playing the game.... so I'm still guessing it's a glitch...
OK, HERE'S SOMETHING

When I'm playing normally, here is the use of resources
EE 65%, GS 15%, VU 20%, UI 0%

When the glitch occurs then... (drops down to 10-15fps)
EE 30%, GS 4-10%, VU 10%, UI 0%

I've seen a lot of threads where people list these resources to figure out overall performance (or so I think) so here they are
Those % point to thread cpu usage. If they decrease when you get slowdown it typically mean you are limited by something else than cpu, in this case before you even posted that it was obvious your gpu is too weak and being the problem.

It's completely normal that different effects or scenes will be differently demanding, same thing can be seen in pc games, pointing into a wall will give you more fps than pointing into some heavy animated effect. In emulation theres also another factor, the more something differs between console and pc hardware the heavier it get's. Graphic prettyness or size doesn't matter at all. If you think it's strange, then welcome to emulation ~ think again.

Soo yeah nothing new to tell you, your gpu wasn't build with games in mind and you use too high upscale. Speed =/= glitch.:]
(08-25-2012, 12:46 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Those % point to thread cpu usage. If they decrease when you get slowdown it typically mean you are limited by something else than cpu, in this case before you even posted that it was obvious your gpu is too weak and being the problem.

It's completely normal that different effects or scenes will be differently demanding, same thing can be seen in pc games, pointing into a wall will give you more fps than pointing into some heavy animated effect. In emulation theres also another factor, the more something differs between console and pc hardware the heavier it get's. Graphic prettyness or size doesn't matter at all. If you think it's strange, then welcome to emulation ~ think again.

Soo yeah nothing new to tell you, your gpu wasn't build with games in mind and you use too high upscale. Speed =/= glitch.:]

Thanks for a detailed explanation, I get it now Laugh
I'll just set it to 2x for the time being, with that everything works great. Thanks for your help!!!