Rebinding Keys not working
I bought a new computer, and the keyboard has controls that change volume, brightness, etc. all set to the function keys. Trying to use them with PCSX2 running just changes the volume, brightness, etc. I tried using the PCSX2_keys.ini (moved to PCSX2/inis_1.4.0 where the other .ini's are) but my changed keybindings don't seem to work. I was only attempting to change the F8 key for screenshots to KP_ENTER, but I soon realized I would have to change all the others to control savestates and such.

What would be the reason for why the changed keys aren't working? Alternatively, could I somehow disable the keyboard controls while PCSX2 is running / make the F keys work properly in PCSX2? Double alternatively, does anyone with similar keyboard issues already have an .ini with changed keybinds? Please advise.

Sponsored links

(12-03-2019, 10:54 PM)El3mental Wrote: I bought a new computer, and the keyboard has controls that change volume, brightness, etc. all set to the function keys. Trying to use them with PCSX2 running just changes the volume, brightness, etc. I tried using the PCSX2_keys.ini (moved to PCSX2/inis_1.4.0 where the other .ini's are) but my changed keybindings don't seem to work. I was only attempting to change the F8 key for screenshots to KP_ENTER, but I soon realized I would have to change all the others to control savestates and such.

What would be the reason for why the changed keys aren't working? Alternatively, could I somehow disable the keyboard controls while PCSX2 is running / make the F keys work properly in PCSX2? Double alternatively, does anyone with similar keyboard issues already have an .ini with changed keybinds? Please advise.

I have no idea how PCSX2_keys.ini is supposed to work but if you want this to work system wide, you will need to change a setting in your PC's BIOS. Most laptop BIOSes will have a setting to flip the primary function of the F keys between the special features and the normal F numbers. Some desktops may do this as well. If nothing else, look for a Fn key on your keyboard, and hold this to manually toggle the mode.