Receiving a "DVD player is not set up" error
Firstly, I want to apologise for my earlier post. I misread the rule that I broke and I will try not to repeat that offense again.

Like the title says, when I attempt to play one specific game in my small library, I am prompted with the PS2 error message "DVD player is not set up". This leaves me in a PS2 screen with options to either interact with the two memory cards, interact with the disk (just retriggers the aforementioned error message), or "go back" to the Browser and System Configuration menu.

I am utilizing the version number 1.2.1 of the PCXS 2, and this problem only occurs when I try and play the game in question, which is Silent Hill 3: Lost Memories. It does not occur with any of my other games, which consist of Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill Origins, Persona 3: FES and Persona 4.

I have experimented with the System Configuration options from the abovementioned menu, but to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions as to why this particular game is unreadable?

Sponsored links

(06-05-2014, 09:39 PM)RookieRomPlayer Wrote: I am utilizing the version number 1.2.1 of the PCXS 2, and this problem only occurs when I try and play the game in question, which is Silent Hill 3: Lost Memories.

as said here : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cannot-st...ent-Hill-3
no support for pirated material.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go