Recommended Computer Specifications for PCSX2 Emulator
Hello,

1) I wanted to ask which System Specifications a Computer must have at
    least that the Game Shadow of the Colossus would run at 100% Speed.

2) Can i assume that a Computer that runs Shadow of the Colossus at
    100% Speed can emulate any other Game at 100% ?

Sponsored links

1.Without speedhacks,I'm not sure if it run at full speed all the time even at overclocked 8700k
2.I may be wrong but isn't ZOE2 even harder to run at constant full speed

Right now the best one for emulation is 8700k and for GPU....it depents on the game and that what scaling mode you want to play it(I have seen less problems reported with nvidia than with amd(not just with pcsx2)

And because of bugs in pcsx2, Primal is probably the hardest of all to run at full speed(it runs with less problems in sw mode but it is slow)
OK, thanks for the enlightenment.Now i have some expert Info and i will google these things.Shadow of the Colossus runs
mostly with about 40% Speed on my Sony Notebook and it is not really designed for PCSX2 Demands and also the fan of the
Notebook accelerates when i start the Emulator which makes me a little nervous.Probably the Notebook wants to tell me with
that to shut down the Emulator ;-)
Yea be careful with heat and laptops. I murdered a HP laptop with heat. I would recomend running something like MSI afterburner or even just Rivia tuner or any other real time hardware monitor with the ability to do On Screen Display and check your temps and even fan speed (if your laptop has fan speed reporting).
If you're looking at desktop procs and SoC... you can probably get it to run full speed or close to it full time with any of the top i7's for the last few years. The 8700k has a stp of 2700ish.. folks are playing SoC with speed hacks at near full speed (at least with only momentary dips below that in the opening.. maybe more with some of the huge fields and massive colossi .. which I havent tested) with procs as low as 2100 stp. I have yet to try it on my current proc with an OC.. but I dont expect to see much more than what I already got if any at all.. my 3770 at a turbo of 3.9 ghz puts out just about 2100 stp and seemd to be OK with SoC the little I played it. My 1950x is 2100 with a turbo of 4.0.. so to even OC it I'd have to really push my proc past what I'm willing to push (ok, game mode might actually work really well for this.. cut my power usage down.. up the OC ability due to less power draw and heat generation... )
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
With my computer spec and default pcsx2 setting, i am able to run most games at full speed.
(06-25-2018, 10:43 PM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: Hello,

1) I wanted to ask which System Specifications a Computer must have at
    least that the Game Shadow of the Colossus would run at 100% Speed.

2) Can i assume that a Computer that runs Shadow of the Colossus at
    100% Speed can emulate any other Game at 100% ?

Ok, so I decided to take a test on how well SotC runs on my PC, speedhacks are required. I can get full speed just fine on preset 2 with MTVU, on an i5-6400. On preset 1, my speed is significantly lower.

my GSdx settings did play a slight role in the speed, blending unit accuracy was on medium and my resolution was 2x, on Preset 2, I switched to high and 4x and a very slight framedip started happening, I switched to 3x and it went away. There was a framedrop when I got hit by the black thing after killing the first colossus.
(06-26-2018, 01:17 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Yea be careful with heat and laptops.  I murdered a HP laptop with heat.  I would recomend running something like MSI afterburner or even just Rivia tuner or any other real time hardware monitor with the ability to do On Screen Display and check your temps and even fan speed (if your laptop has fan speed reporting).

Yes, you're right it could end lethal for my Laptop either.I'm not going to use my Notebook for the PCSX2 Emulator.
Maybe only for quick Tests.It is too risky.Even some Games like Rule of Rose or XG3 Extreme-G Racing run at full Speed
the fan speed did always perturb me.I have an additional Laptop Cooling Pad under the Notebook but it's better to
acquire a PC for the PCSX2 Emulator.
(06-26-2018, 06:59 AM)ValiantBlade Wrote: Ok, so I decided to take a test on how well SotC runs on my PC, speedhacks are required. I can get full speed just fine on preset 2 with MTVU, on an i5-6400. On preset 1, my speed is significantly lower.

my GSdx settings did play a slight role in the speed, blending unit accuracy was on medium and my resolution was 2x, on Preset 2, I switched to high and 4x and a very slight framedip started happening, I switched to 3x and it went away. There was a framedrop when I got hit by the black thing after killing the first colossus.

Maybe you can test Shadow of the Colossus with my Patch for the PAL Version of the Game ?:

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...#pid582577

For instance there is no dust around Colossi Feet that should maybe accelerate the Game Speed ?
Because the Game is very slow on my Notebook i can hardly see any difference.That could be
interesting to know because i think (but i could be wrong) it is less computational power needed
if the Emulator does not have to do any Calculations on the Dust because there is no Dust and
the Game Speed benefits from that ?