Recommended Configurations.
I wanna know what could be suitable configurations of the emulator for my system.

Windows 7 Ultimate/Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit ( multiboot,which OS would be better?)
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
2x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM
Core i5 2500K CPU (virtualisation disabled in bios currently, do i need to enable it for better performance? )
Do i need to enable something in bios to enable AVX coz the emulator is not showing AVX support, it shows only upto SSSE3 and SSE4.1
Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1GB EVGA superclocked Graphics card

I have a PS3 too, with PS move and 2 PS controllers ( is there a way to make the controllers work with PCSX2?)

I wanna know suitable graphics and CPU configurations on the emulator for better gameplay..

Sponsored links

You might need a BIOS update for avx, don't really know. Default configuration of the emulator should be okay, but I recommend using the mtvu speedhack to take advantage of 3 cores of your CPU Smile

Don't worry too much about avx, only software mode takes advantage of it and you shouldn't need that to often
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-21-2012, 03:23 PM)refraction Wrote: You might need a BIOS update for avx, don't really know. Default configuration of the emulator should be okay, but I recommend using the mtvu speedhack to take advantage of 3 cores of your CPU Smile

Don't worry too much about avx, only software mode takes advantage of it and you shouldn't need that to often

Indeed, all that refraction said, I want just to add than the best configuration depends on the game. So, feel free to experiment with the configuration, keep in mind emulation is not like playing native PC games so don't try abusing graphics parameters which should work fine in PC games Smile and all will be fine.

You may need to use speedhacks for a few games even with that machine... the goal is to have the best looking experience which performs at correct FPS (a necessity on console games).
Imagination is where we are truly real