Recommended Video Card
I have a AMD Radeon HD 6570 video card and a Intel® Core™ i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz. I know i need a better video card to run PCSX2 to run 6X or 8X native. I am looking for video card suggestions on how to be able run PCSX2. I am looing at spending around $100.00. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Supp...TX+1050+Ti

i am looking at this one. I know its more than 100.00 but this one should last me a long time correct? Even if I wanted to emulate PS3 later on??
Let me ask you something first...do you use a huge monitor and you SEE huge difference between 4x and above,or you just choose the higher mode because you think it will look better.

Sometimes I think if devs put 10x+ scaling someone will still want to use it even on 24 and below inch screen.
Upscaling in rpcs3 doesn't seem to bother the gpu that much compared to pcsx2.
(09-30-2018, 06:53 PM)vsub Wrote: Let me ask you something first...do you use a huge monitor and you SEE huge difference between 4x and above,or you just choose the higher mode because you think it will look better.

Sometimes I think if devs put 10x+ scaling someone will still want to use it even on 24 and below inch screen.
Upscaling in rpcs3 doesn't seem to bother the gpu that much compared to pcsx2.

No I don't use a huge monitor. And I can't even play at 2x cause it slows its down. It's not even playable at 2x. That is why I was wondering if a new video card would help.

Tell me if I am wrong but it sounds like to me you think my setup should be fine. Am I right or wrong
AMD have bad OpenGL drivers which makes games to run slower so it's recommended to use DX11
As for the resolution part,if you don't have a big monitor,using a higher resolution even if you card is powerful enough,it's just a waste.You will not see a better graphical quality but the gpu usage and temp will be much higher...in short on small monitor(24 and below)you will not get anything positive worth the extra usage and temp with 3x and above
OK my monitor is 24 and lower so what card do u recommend
$100 probably won't get you a GPU capable of 6x and 8x native. For those resolutions to run comfortably, you'll be looking at cards like the GTX 1070. Perhaps a GTX 970 or something similar will pull it off too, but even my GTX 1070 Ti gets close to its limits when I push it to 8x, and doing anything else like turning Blending Unit Accuracy up starts slowing things down.
I own a GTX 1070 but I never run about 4x Native personally FWIW. Regardless, a bit of extra power will come in handy for things like Blending Unit Accuracy which brings slower GPUs to their knees.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GT...3200792342

Well I bought this.
Keep in mind that you may also have to change your power supply if you get a gpu that requires more power