Recommended laptop
Here's a complicated explanation for you:

PCSX2 relies heavily on single threaded performance.

1200 is enough for really light games. 1500 is enough for moderately demanding games. 1800 is enough for demanding games. 2000 is enough for super demanding games.

(FFX needs about 1300-1400)

The cheaper laptop has 1686. The more expensive one has 1886.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

the first one would run quite a few games. Even some heavier games could be run on it. The second option will run almost anything. Only the most demanding games will have issues. Also, the first option doesn't have a great gpu, so most games will be limited to native and others won't be playable

Here is a list of games that will struggle on the first option due to a lack of GPU power: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games
Here is a list of games that may not run well on the first option due to a lack of CPU power: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Wow, I'm thorougly impressed that you guys on this forum even made lists like that, it is probably one of the most complete support forums when it comes to ressources I've ever seen!

Anyway, thank you guys, you have both been very helpful. Now when it comes to buying, is newegg the best place to go in term of both service and prices? Also do you they usually do sales come december? Yes, I know I'm cheap Biggrin
Newegg is good, it's what I always use.

Newegg is currently in the middle of it's "Black November" sales, so it's possible something similar might go on sale soon.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, newegg is one of the best online stores for tech related items
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Alright then, I'll keep an eye out. Thanks again!
one thing to note MSI products are in my experience (at least in my limited experience) are prone to failure bought 2 motherboards and a laptop all dead within 1 year.

Take out the extended warranty on it i recommend it
Windows 10
Intel 5930k 4.2ghz/core
32 GBs of 2400MHz DDR4
AMD PoweColor 390X (GPUs are expensive or this would be in crossfire)
My laptop can handle anything I throw at it Asus ROG is always a reliable option although more expensive, some are for sure in that price range for sure. My processor's single thread rating is 1631 which falls in the range of most games I play "JRPGs".
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
If you HAVE to get a laptop I'd say get a Clevo/Sager with minimum 3.4ghz i7 CPU and a GTX class GPU (not GT). It will run everything from PS2 to Wii. Good sites to customize them are xoticpc and malibal which is where I got mine a few years ago. Although if you get a laptop expect to play PS4 games (ex: Watchdogs, Evil Within) at low res with low settings.
(11-17-2014, 09:50 AM)synce Wrote: If you HAVE to get a laptop I'd say get a Clevo/Sager with minimum 3.4ghz i7 CPU and a GTX class GPU (not GT). It will run everything from PS2 to Wii. Good sites to customize them are xoticpc and malibal which is where I got mine a few years ago. Although if you get a laptop expect to play PS4 games (ex: Watchdogs, Evil Within) at low res with low settings.
My Laptop isn't top of the line and I can run most games on med-ultra I don't play many console games on there though mostly just used for Emulation. Skyrim I could run at Ultra maxed out with HD mod packs among other things with no drops in fps except during heavy fight scenes with multiple casters.
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]