Recommended setting for certain games
(08-10-2010, 12:50 PM)JTD Wrote: As others have said, in order to get a playable frame rate with the more demanding PS2 games, you need a faster clock speed on your CPU.
For C2D, C2Q, i3, i5, & i7 processors, that would be about 3.2 GHz.
For Socket AM3 Athlon II (x2, x3 & x4) or Socket AM3 Phenom II (x2, x3, x4 & x6), that would be about 4.0 GHz.

Speedhacks will only add (on average) about 5 to 8 more real, usable FPS on most games.
The two SpeedHacks that have a slider bar (EE Cycle Rate & VU Cycle Stealing) can give false FPS readings.

I've read up on overclocking your specific CPU, the Core2Quad Q6600.
It can be overclocked, but 3.0 GHz is the limit for that cpu on air cooling.

For the cost of an excellent watercooling kit for your C2Q, you might as well just buy an i5, new mobo, new ram, and a big air cooling heatsink.

Let me put it another way.
Try a game with all speed hacks off, v-sync off, @ native res.
If you aren't getting at least 50 FPS minimum, first, you need to overclock your current CPU. If that doesn't work, you most likely need to buy one of the cpus that can be overclocked to the recommended speeds, as written above.

Of course, there are a handfull of games that won't attain fullspeed with PCSX2, no matter your processor or graphics card. For those games, we gotta wait till new cpus come out, and/or for later revisions of PCSX2.

EDIT:
Oh, forgot to mention an exception to the rule; Final Fantasy X.
Why, you can run that game with little more than a motivated hamster, and a couple of tin cans... Ninja
I'm sure there's a Video about it on this board, somewhere... Laugh
if i have enough money to buy a new cpu,ill buy right away but i don't have budget for a new cpu/parts of cpu needed. ill try your suggestion but after GundamQuatro gave me setting my fps went up but not full speed. i want to apply it to the 0.9.7 but the setting are different than 0.9.6 and im confuse how will apply the my setting+GundamQuatro seetting.

@all please anyone help me apply my setting(found in the 1st page) and GundamQuatro setting in the new setting of 0.9.7 thnx.

Sponsored links

you still can't find it? unbelievable...

hint, see :
config-> emulation settings -> click on the respectable tabs
for plugin, config -> plugin/BIOS selector
(08-10-2010, 04:59 PM)naoan Wrote: you still can't find it? unbelievable...

hint, see :
config-> emulation settings -> click on the respectable tabs
for plugin, config -> plugin/BIOS selector

what?! what do you mean i can't find it? i want to know what setting should i use in each EE/IOP, VUs, GS,Window Speedhacks, Game Fixes.

@all
please explain all features that i label so that i know whats the use of it thnx...see pics.
[Image: q.jpg]
[Image: w.jpg]
[Image: e.jpg]
[Image: r.jpg]
(08-06-2010, 07:42 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(08-06-2010, 07:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: your Cpu is a bit slow and some speed hacks (not all at the same time !) may help a bit.
try upgrading your pcsx2 to latest official beta, too.

speedhacks as follows:
All but min/max on Level 1 on VU and EE

speed: 30-45 FPS 2.2 dc
what about on the other features? and i need the detail of features that i label
check the recommended ones and use the parameters saiki gave you about ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
leave thing I didn't mention to default then.
ok ill try...