Recommended settings?
Honestly, with such a poor STR performance on your CPU, adjusting settings is going to make little difference. Don't expect huge changes. Your best bet is to update the CPU if you're serious about getting decent speeds from the emulator. You want to get a CPU that has a STR OF 2,000 or more, if you plan to run most 3D games at full speed
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM

Sponsored links

(05-01-2018, 08:07 PM)*Blank Name* Wrote: The title says it all....
----------------------------------
Operating System | Windows10 64-bit
Processor | Intel® Core™ i3-3227U CPU @ 1.90GHz
RAM | 6144 GB
Emulator | 1.4.0
I'm using the default setting and is good enough and it run most games.
(05-02-2018, 08:36 AM)teots Wrote: I'm using the default setting and is good enough and it run most games.

thanks for being so useful
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-02-2018, 08:39 AM)jesalvein Wrote: thanks for being so useful

This is nothing, I should be thankful for the free emulator with free support and regular update. Rolleyes
(05-01-2018, 11:45 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Honestly, with such a poor STR performance on your CPU, adjusting settings is going to make little difference.  Don't expect huge changes.  Your best bet is to update the CPU if you're serious about getting decent speeds from the emulator.  You want to get a CPU that has a STR OF 2,000 or more, if you plan to run most 3D games at full speed

Actually i just found some setings that make MGS2 run at 70-90% speed except on the connecting bridges, but even then it still runs at a pretty good speed (even though lego games somehow turn my laptop into a potato). And MGS3 (not subsistence) runs at almost full speed... but sadly i have a graphics card thats built in so no way of getting a better one... so instead of using a ps2 emulator because i dont have a PS2 anymore im just getting the hd collection because i do have a PS3. Ill still be using PCSX2 though... thx guys for the help....
Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go