Recommended settings for SotC?
Hi all,

I recently downloaded PCSX2 in order to play some of my old PS2 games, specifically Shadow of the Colossus. While the game is certainly playable, the FPS jumps around quite a bit. I was wondering if there were any settings that could help stabilize it more. My computer specs are:

Windows 8.1, core i7
nVidia geforce gt 630m
8gb of RAM

I am running all games from their physical discs, if that makes any difference. I've tried playing with and without speed hacks but it didn't seem to make a difference. Please let me know what you all think.

Sponsored links

setting the vu cycle stealing slider up one notch is about the best thing you're gonna get for improving the speed. It might make the animation slightly jumpier but the performance increase is pretty reasonable.
aside from that, make sure you have the frame limiter on.

oh and you're on a laptop, make sure you have your windows power plan set to "high performance" when plugged in to make sure your system is running as fast as possible.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

And don't use mtvu, it slows the game down.
(05-30-2015, 02:02 AM)Ignigknawt Wrote: I am running all games from their physical discs, if that makes any difference. I've tried playing with and without speed hacks but it didn't seem to make a difference. Please let me know what you all think.

The reading speeds of an standard optical drive is way lower than a modern HDD. It would be better to play the game by making an ISO file out of it using Imgburn.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction