Recommended settings for Soul Calibur 2, Soul Calibur 3 and Tekken 4
(07-21-2017, 06:51 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Correct.  You need to upgrade the CPU.  Until then you're never going to get it to play at full speed.  PCSX2 requires a powerful computer.  Otherwise they recommend just playing it on your regular PS2 hardware

Ok. I managed to get an AMD A10-6800k for my PC. It works very well for all games but only when configuring specific settings to match the games speed. So when I configure the settings for Soul Calibur 2 and 3, it will run them perfectly but not for Tekken 4. And when I configure for Tekken 4, it will slow down the Soul Calibur games. 

If I may ask, is there any emulation, video and audio settings that will compliment for these games? Please don't tell me it's my CPU because it runs these games at 100% speed when as I said before, configure the configuration settings to match their needs. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated Smile

Sponsored links

Quote:but only when configuring specific settings to match the games speed
which settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-24-2017, 01:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: which settings  ?

Sorry. I should post my settings  Blush

For Soul Calibur 2/3:

Emulation Settings:

EE/IOP: 
Recompiler for EmotionEngine and IOP
Round Mode: Chop/Zero
Clamping Mode: None

VUs:
VU0: microVU Recompiler
VU1: microVU Recompiler

Speedhacks:

EE Cyclerate: 1
VU Cycle Stealing: 3
Ticked "Enable INTC Spin Detection", "Enable Wait Loop Detection", "mVU Flag Hack" and "MTVU".

Video Settings:
Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Ticked "Allow 8-bit Textures"
Internal Resolution: Native
Texture Filtering: Blinear (PS2)
CRC Hack Level: Full (Safest)

Audio Settings:

Interpolation: 1 - Linear
Ticked "Disable Effects Processing"
Module: 1 - XAudio2
Synchronising Mode: Async Mix

For Tekken 4:

Emulation Settings:

EE/IOP: 
Recompiler for EmotionEngine and IOP

VUs:
VU0: microVU Recompiler
VU1: microVU Recompiler

Speedhacks:

EE Cyclerate: 0
VU Cycle Stealing: 0
Ticked "Enable INTC Spin Detection", "Enable Wait Loop Detection", "mVU Flag Hack" and "MTVU".

Video Settings:
Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Internal Resolution: Native
Texture Filtering: Blinear (PS2)
CRC Hack Level: Full (Safest)

Interpolation: 4 - Catmull-Rom
Module: 1 - XAudio2
Synchronising Mode: TimeStretch
just as I thought
Quote:Speedhacks:
EE Cyclerate: 1
VU Cycle Stealing: 3
not much you can do.
Speedhacks are ... well... hacks !
means those aren't "classic" settings, but just "hacks" that could help performance in some games, sacrificing accuracy or stability (expect some crashes, BTW).
Means they won't work the same with all games.
SC2 & 3 do have a similar game engine, so using VU cycle stealing helps with it, but since the engine is different with Tekken 4, you won't get any "Golden setting" that will magically boost your CPU (which is still too weak to play Tekken 4 properly BTW)
Just as a side note : that CPU has a lower STR than the previous one.
Which means you would probably hve had better results with your other CPU in all those games with the same settings.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-24-2017, 01:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: just as I thought
not much you can do.
Speedhacks are ... well... hacks !
means those aren't "classic" settings, but just "hacks" that could help performance in some games, sacrificing accuracy or stability (expect some crashes, BTW).
Means they won't work the same with all games.
SC2 & 3 do have a similar game engine, so using VU cycle stealing helps  with it, but since the engine is different with Tekken 4, you won't get any "Golden setting" that will magically boost your CPU (which is still too weak to play Tekken 4 properly BTW)

That's odd. I can play Tekken 4 mostly at 95% on my CPU when the right settings are chosen. It's sad that there is no configuration that will compliment for both Soul Calibur and Tekken games. Thanks anyway. I appreciate your time Smile