Recommended wireless gamepad for PCSX2?
I'm looking for a wireless gamepad to use with PCSX2. I'd prefer a PS2 style gamepad, but will make do with whatever works well enough.

This is complicated by my use case: It's for use with my HTPC, so it's out of easy physical reach, and as I've got a young toddler, cables are *right out* - she runs into them, yanking the controller out of your hand and potentially damaging usb ports.

It needs to Just Work all the time, as my wife who loves playing PS2 games is entirely adverse to fighting with pairing processes or what have you in case of system reboots. Playing a PS2 game for her requires launching via the HTPC remote control, picking up the controller and playing.

I picked up a Dualshock 3 PS3 controller, intending to use MotionJoy, but it was a terrible experience. The MotionJoy drivers wouldn't hold the pairing over reboots (or even sleeping), and refused to re-pair without a USB connection and clicking around in it's awful web interface... and even then, it was pretty intermittent.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

Logitech F710
Just keep the DualShock3 and use Scarlet.Crush's Stuff instead of MotionJoy. You'll even have easy pressure support.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
is that bluetooth enabled now?
(09-18-2012, 05:02 PM)KrossX Wrote: Just keep the DualShock3 and use Scarlet.Crush's Stuff instead of MotionJoy. You'll even have easy pressure support.

Damn; wish I hadn't already returned the ds3 controller. I'd have loved to give that a try, the design controller is a nice piece of kit, and that looks a lot more pleasant than the horror that is MotionJoy.

I'll give the logitech controller a go, though. I'm already running other logitech wireless things and have one of their "unifying" receivers, I'd sooner just use that and be able to ditch the blue tooth dongle.

Thanks!
(09-18-2012, 05:15 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: is that bluetooth enabled now?

No idea, but I was thinking in the worst case it was cheaper to get a cable and use it instead of buying a new controller. Tongue

Also X360 wireless controllers will need the receiver. More coinz...
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
The filter does not currently support Bluetooth for Sony DS3s.

However you might be interested in a Speedlink Strike FX - comes with a dedicated, pre-configured wireless dongle. USB wired connection to the controller is for charging only. It is similar in weight and size to a DS3.

On connection it will be detected as a DS3 (install the filter) or a native Strike FX (driver from Windows update). Both provide pressure sensitive buttons and are supported by the wrapper.
@krossx
he already stated he doesn't want a wired controller
Just out of interest, you could always buy a playstation 2 to USB converter (£3 or so) of Amazon - look a bit like a blue triangle thing....Then you can use ANY PS2 wireless controller...just plug the reciever into the converter and away you go...Perhaps not what you were looking for but it works for me and is natively supported by PCSX2 without any messing (apart from first setting up of the buttons)...Then every time switch on, boot PCSX2 and done...I have the converter, had it about 6 months with no issues at all.

Just a thought....
(09-18-2012, 04:23 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Logitech F710

+1 to the F710 , i have one and is great, nice weight, great response, comfortable and never got a problem with any game emulated or not Cool