Recording PCSX2 Help
Hi everyone,
I need some assistance with recording gameplay on PCSX2.
First of all, here are my details...

PC
Windows 8.1
8gb RAM
Intel Core i5-2400
Geforce GTX 960 2gb

PCSX2 1.4.0
Fraps 3.5.99

---------------------------

I've been recording a game called Death By Degrees for a long time now and I've been getting requests to sort of ''upgrade'' it to PCSX2. The game looks fantastic now in widescreen, sharper graphics and higher FPS. The only problem I'm having (apart from some blurring issues) is recording the game.

I tried using Fraps, because I never had any issues recording other games on PC like Tekken 7. However when I hit F9 to record the game downgrades itself, it looks super pixelated. I tried using the built-in PCSX2 recorder but I can't understand how it works.

Help would be really appreciated!
Thanks so much

Sponsored links

Quote: I tried using the built-in PCSX2 recorder but I can't understand how it works.

What do you not understand regarding the inbuilt recorder?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I actually created an account because this answer is pretty funny. F9 is the default key PCSX2 uses to switch between Hardware and Software Renderers. In short, change the record key in fraps to something PCSX2 doesn't use as a hotkey and it'll work just fine.
Fraps sucks for recording. Since PCSX2 makes use of the CPU mostly, and Fraps also consumes 99% of the CPU to record, it basically cripples the performance.

Use something like Shadowplay, or Bandicam instead if you want to use external programs.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(06-15-2017, 05:30 PM)ssakash Wrote: What do you not understand regarding the inbuilt recorder?

When i press record it asks me for the location and other options, (so sorry im currently away from home). Are there recommended options i should use?

(06-15-2017, 06:47 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Fraps sucks for recording. Since PCSX2 makes use of the CPU mostly, and Fraps also consumes 99% of the CPU to record, it basically cripples the performance.

Use something like Shadowplay, or Bandicam instead if you want to use external programs.

Exactly that's what happens,
I'll look into these programs, thanks so much for the recommendation