Recording Using PCSX2 {Guide}
Yes, leave it at twice. What does FAQ approved mean? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(07-03-2013, 01:35 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yes, leave it at twice. What does FAQ approved mean? Tongue

do you think it's appropriate to be placed in the FAQ like other guides ... Rolleyes
Sure, why not. Although the link for the program is down? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Wouldn't it be easier to just use FRAPS?
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Fraps record uncompressed video which requires tons of free space and much powerful pc to not loose a lot of speed(partly because it writes a lot of data really fast)
To help eliminate the speed loss all you need is to record video to a 2nd HDD. But yes it does need a lot of space and you will ahve to compress the RAW video as well but you'll get better results in the end though.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(07-03-2013, 01:42 PM)Bositman Wrote: Sure, why not. Although the link for the program is down? Tongue

working here ... Huh

(07-03-2013, 03:16 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: Wouldn't it be easier to just use FRAPS?

and have the speed reduced by resource consume no thank you Smile
(07-03-2013, 04:51 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: working here ... Huh
There is something wrong with the site.
Before I wasn't able to enter and now I get
Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

PS.I don't need the program,I'm just saying what happens when I try to open the site.

Edit:And now it's working
Fraps does compress video;p, it comes with it's own lousy "fraps1" lossless codec which is somewhat worser from many freeware ones(edit: ok, maybe not "many" since there are few to begin with;p) when it comes to speed/compression ratio not to mention total lack of config and inability to change it with different one.

Probably the biggest problem of default gsdx recording is lack of fps setting ~ 60fps full hd is way too much for a movie. Recording every second frame is way lighter and when uploaded on youtube ends with same quality anyway.

About the guide, one thing sucks - lack of codec description and links to them. They are system dependant, and frankly the Xvid used in the example is one of the worst nowadays;p. I would recommend listing some other ones like x264vfw(probably best out there with nice config), Lagarith Lossless Codec(a freeware equivalent of fraps1 codec) and maybe some others just to give a true choice.
btw one question...is there is any point in using Fraps if you can just set pcsx2 to not compress the video?
Is there some difference between fraps uncompressed and pcsx2 uncompressed