Recording Using PCSX2 {Guide}
What will this guide include :
1- Recording Gameplay using PCSX2 only
2- Using a Mux software to mix the Video with Audio
3- An Example video made by me Smile

What you should know :
1- Using PCSX2 recording Utility will give you FULL speed in the recorded Video unlike other Desktop/Games Recorders
2- Since the thing that render the Video and plays the Audio is separated in PCSX2 and PS2 the Video and Audio will be saved in separated Files and format

What will we need :
1- PCSX2 running the game
2- A Mux Software and a Video Convertor ( we will be using Format Factory as he can do both to Download Format Factory go to : here or here or here )

Why to use Format Factory :
Because it will Mux any Video format with any Audio format and make the MUXed Video in any format you like And Size it’s wonderfull ! Smile

Steps :

1- Run the wanted game and reach the part where you want to record

[Image: attachment.php?aid=44816]

2- Press F12 the Emulation will be paused and the Recording utility will show up

[Image: attachment.php?aid=44817]

3- Pick all the options you want to be in your Video ( such as Size , Name and compression method )

[Image: attachment.php?aid=44818]

4- Press OK the Emulation will continue and PCSX2 will start recording ( you may notice some slowdown )

[Image: attachment.php?aid=44819]

5- When finished just Press F12 twice
6- Go to PCSX2 Directory you will find the Video as named and a .wav file called recording those will be our Video and Audio File
7- Run Format Factory and chose Advanced < Mux

[Image: attachment.php?aid=44820]

8- The Mux windows will appear chose the Video File, Audio File , Format and Size ( High quality and Size will keep the Video’s Native as we recorded in PCSX2 )

[Image: attachment.php?aid=44821]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44822]

9- Mux it it may take sometime …

[Image: attachment.php?aid=44823]

10- Go to Format Factory Output Folder and you will Find the recorded Video with Sound

11- Upload the Video and post it Tongue

Example Video :

Notes :
1- I’m not advertising Format Factory it’s just my favourite Mux Software and Converter which I decided to use
2- I just thought that a small paragraph in the Guide is not enough to demonstrate it for people
3- You will notice that there is a weird black box in every pic I post it have nothing to do with the Process ignore it Tongue
4- The size option in the recording utility will only save with same size not rendering it so better be rendering it using the same res Smile
5- There is a Codec ( "Compresion method " ) called x264vfw it may not be available to pick as it may not be installed , install it from here

I Hope it can reach the FAQ

Any Comment is highly welcomed Smile

Sponsored links

Awsm guide keep it up .....:-)
Good job The Old Refuge
If i have another software instead of format factory,then ?
How can i add audio in my recorded video ?
Any another software ?

I'm using avs video converter Smile
(07-03-2013, 11:43 AM)Preet Wrote: How can i add audio in my recorded video ?
Any another software ?

Windows Movie maker (don't like the one in windows 8, but the older ones are ok), Adobe Premere.. the list goes on and on
Nice guide, although when finished, you should press F12 twice, NOT close PCSX2, it can lead to corruption Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-03-2013, 12:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: Nice guide, although when finished, you should press F12 twice, NOT close PCSX2, it can lead to corruption Wink

you mean once again? or has it changed on me?
Once again? You mean about the twice comment? It never stops on one press here Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-03-2013, 12:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: Nice guide, although when finished, you should press F12 twice, NOT close PCSX2, it can lead to corruption Wink

adding ....
(07-03-2013, 11:46 AM)Saiki Wrote: Windows Movie maker (don't like the one in windows 8, but the older ones are ok), Adobe Premere.. the list goes on and on

thanks.but i don't like windows movie maker
it's very confusing !!
tested it needs one F12 but since it require time you thought i needed 2 presses Tongue