Red Dead Revolver Gameplay Issues
When I played Red Dead Revolver on D3D11 (Hardware), it makes the game look darker in certain cutscenes and sometimes in gameplay, but when I set D3D11 to Software everything is normal, but the quality of the gameplay is bad. Is there a way to fix this?

My Specs:
I5-2500K @3.4GHz
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
Western Digital 1Tb Blue
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
EVGA 500W PSU
EVGA GTX 570 2.5GB

Sponsored links

if by bad you mean it looks bad, then no.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-19-2015, 09:23 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: if by bad you mean it looks bad, then no.

no, as in the graphics quality reduces, because each time I switch from software to hardware of D3D11. The game will occasionally flicker, cutscenes go dark or black out the scene entirely, and the menus look as if the brightness went down significantly. Switching to software mode fixes it, but the graphics quality goes down.
Then there's nothing you can really do
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Try every hw hacks one by one and check whether it solves the issue.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
You can also try setting skipdraw to different values, try 10, if not helping, then go for 30, if it solves anything , but some thing are missing (HUD) then try 20 etc.

Maybe Dx9 gsdx mode would work better for this game, test this as well, as sometimes it solves major graphical issues.
(01-20-2015, 03:52 PM)belmont1990 Wrote: You can also try setting skipdraw to different values, try 10, if not helping, then go for 30, if it solves anything , but some thing are missing (HUD) then try 20 etc.

Maybe Dx9 gsdx mode would work better for this game, test this as well, as sometimes it solves major graphical issues.

I tried Dx9 gsdx mode on hardware and for some reason it puts up a weird grayish/white screen making the game look oddly brighter, I haven't tried software mode yet. As for the skip draw, I'll try that later when I get more time and I'll update on that.
(01-20-2015, 05:29 AM)ssakash Wrote: Try every hw hacks one by one and check whether it solves the issue.

For the most part, there haven't been a lot of changes after trying each hack. With the Nvidia hack it kind of fixes the random zoom in flickers, but it didn't change a lot. For Alpha, it makes the game a little brighter, but it doesn't change anything in the menus from the main menu to the in game shops like gun stores and weapon selection.
Your best shot Is probably software mode, then.
As nobb said, probably not much more you can do.
Set extra sw rendering threads to 3 to get a speedboost
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
@op
what was the internal resolution when, you played in hardware mode ? try setting a lower internal resolution and, check whether the issue is present.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction