Red Star - Speed Problem
Hey guys, brand new to PCSX2, so pre-apologies if it's an easy fix that I just overlooked, but I've tried all the different graphics settings, configured everything the way I'd think they'd work best at, and for some reason I still can't get consistent speeds in Red Star. Here are my specs:

Windows XP - Student Edition
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU
Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
2.40 GHz, 3.50 GB of RAM.
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
I'm also mounting the ISO via daemontools (Not sure if that affects speeds)
Latest PCSX2

Given my computer, I'd assume I'd be able to run ps2 games at full speed. Again, I've tried a multitude of different settings, and at best I'm getting perfect FPS during menu screens, option screens, briefings, etc, but when the game has to 'load' it slows down to about 15-20 fps, and in game is the same at about 15-20 fps. When I pause, for example, bam 60 fps, but in-game is balls.

Any help would be appreciated, pre-thanks to whoever might know a solution

Sponsored links

Quote:Given my computer, I'd assume I'd be able to run ps2 games at full speed
You assume wrong...if you can overclock your quad to ~3,4 Ghz you'd get way better speeds. PCSX2 uses only 2 cores so your other 2 are not contributing anything to speed.
Obviously menus run fast since it's some 2d picture but the slowdowns will happen when actual 3D rendering has to be made.
Other than overclocking you can use some speed hacks or the latest beta which has some speed boosts.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-16-2009, 11:22 AM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:Given my computer, I'd assume I'd be able to run ps2 games at full speed
You assume wrong...if you can overclock your quad to ~3,4 Ghz you'd get way better speeds. PCSX2 uses only 2 cores so your other 2 are not contributing anything to speed.
Obviously menus run fast since it's some 2d picture but the slowdowns will happen when actual 3D rendering has to be made.
Other than overclocking you can use some speed hacks or the latest beta which has some speed boosts.

Good lookin Bositman, I'll try out the new beta and try to figure out speedhacks to see if things work any better.

Edit: Damn, I'm completely fail-boat on this. If anybody HAS got their pcsx2 running Red Star well, lemme know what settings/speed hacks you've got going, because I just can't seem to figure ***** out.

And to everybody that knows their pcsx2 like the back of their hand, I suggest Red Star anyways, it's a FILTHY game
slowdowns still exist in svn 1713

my question is : console say: Unexpected hwRead16 from 0x10003c30

what it mean?

microVU - all on, speedhacks EEx2,IOPx2, SFH
advanced - by default