Red dead revolver dark screens?
(05-02-2018, 11:10 AM)Dreadmoth Wrote: You appear to be running PCSX2 1.5.0, but it seems to be loading outdated plugins from an old installation of PCSX2 1.2.1 - you might want to change the plugin folder to match up with your 1.5.0 installation.

(Config → Plugin / BIOS Selector → Plugins Search Path)

is there a place where I can get the latest plug ins? It's odd I am using a newer emulator and i thought he plugins came with it

Sponsored links

Depends on where you got it...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-02-2018, 08:50 AM)jesalvein Wrote: oh, those kind of trashy YT videos "OMG PCSX2 100% full speed best settings yadda yadda"
don't trust those kids. you'll probably get speedbossts, but your game will crash and get big glitches.
I'd suggest to reset your settings and try again from scratch. the problems you get may be from those cheesy settings you used.
and try loading from memcard. savestates may save glicthes even when you change  settings

did a bit of research, essentially the only way to get the game to run smoothly in any form is running direct11 hardware. But this mode has the sudden dark screen shading

Some of the software modes work,but the game would be 30-40 fps

Open GL will work but has the multiple horizontal black lines running through it. Tried numerous fix ideas, none worked. Gave up on it
(05-02-2018, 12:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Depends on where you got it...

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Well that's weird since every single release comes with the latest plug-ins. Don't know how much you messed around with this?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:Bound GS: gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll

That plugin isn't updated anymore, that's why. You need to use either the SSE2, SSE4 or AVX2 versions. Since you have a reasonably old AMD chip, I'm gonna guess AVX2 and SSE4 are out of the window.

the file you want should be called gsdx32-sse2.dll (it will show the same as this in the plugin selector without the .dll on the end)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-02-2018, 03:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Well that's weird since every single release comes with the latest plug-ins. Don't know how much you messed around with this?

Just downloaded the release and thats what i got
So essentially, I did what refraction said and downloaded and used the gsdx32-sse2.dll

Seems to work and if I use it on open GL hardware, game works fine.... The weird dark screens are gone too.

But this happens:

https://i.imgur.com/pnbf4ga.png

LINES!
Please.post.your GSdx settings.