Red vertical lines in a couple games
(03-15-2016, 06:24 PM)TheRapie Wrote: Edit: Seems like it is some sort of weather effect, since there are (almost) no squares visible on sunny maps but it gets alot worse when there is a foggy map. Dont know if tat information helps
You seem to be right, I tried a foggy stage and got the same results as you did. It's solved by setting skipdraw to 5.

There are (depth)issues with the fog/smoke effects that have yet to be solved.

Sponsored links

(03-16-2016, 07:32 PM)refraction Wrote: What about in native resolution?

Don't worry about the errors in the console, that just means your PC doesn't support AVX2, which it doesn't

You mean, no upscaling, do u?

(03-16-2016, 07:57 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You seem to be right, I tried a foggy stage and got the same results as you did. It's solved by setting skipdraw to 5.

There are (depth)issues with the fog/smoke effects that have yet to be solved.

If this is it, im very glad. I cant test it right now.

There is another more crucial problem that i experienced today.
When there is a cutscene (after i arrested all 3 racers in the "be a cop" challenges) my display driver crashes completly which results in an pc freeze for about 15 seconds with all black monitors and the PCSX2 shutting down afterwards.

Should i update my nvdia drivers?
(03-16-2016, 08:46 PM)TheRapie Wrote: You mean, no upscaling, do u?

correct Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-16-2016, 09:20 PM)refraction Wrote: correct Smile
That doesn't make a difference. The game has depth issues that affect smoke & fog effects, and the police cam. Settings skipdraw to 5 removes the fog effects, also removing the issue with the squares around the HUD elements. With skipdraw 4 or higher, the police arrest cam is removed. Though it shouldn't crash. Might be related to the Nvidia driver issues.
what does skipdraw do? (technical matter)
(03-16-2016, 10:30 PM)TheRapie Wrote: what does skipdraw do? (technical matter)

it skips a draw.. Tongue

(03-16-2016, 10:35 PM)refraction Wrote: it skips a draw.. Tongue

well, then i have to ask what exactly a "draw" ist.
(03-16-2016, 11:57 PM)TheRapie Wrote: well, then i have to ask what exactly a "draw" ist.

a "draw" is a sequence of things being done to an image, be it putting a series of polys (a 3d object) on the screen or doing special effects or drawing shadows etc. Skipdraw lets you skip doing one of those things, so we can skip depth effects, skip shadows or anything else which is causing problems. Unfortunately sometimes other stuff gets lumped in with it in to the same draw call, so skipping it can result in missing bits of the UI or flickering textures etc.

(03-17-2016, 12:05 AM)refraction Wrote: a "draw" is a sequence of things being done to an image, be it putting a series of polys (a 3d object) on the screen or doing special effects or drawing shadows etc.  Skipdraw lets you skip doing one of those things, so we can skip depth effects, skip shadows or anything else which is causing problems.  Unfortunately sometimes other stuff gets lumped in with it in to the same draw call, so skipping it can result in missing bits of the UI or flickering textures etc.

that was helpfull, thank you

getting smarter every day Laugh