Redefined FFX Setup
I would rather say it's GPU limitation;], this cpu automatically decrease it's clocks when it doesn't need more power(and it wouldn't if it was GPU limited;]), soo it probably underclocked to 2ghz or even less resulting in fairy high EE, but it still doesn't reach 100% or anywhere soo close to be considered cpu limitation.

I would double check gpu clocks to ensure it's not caused by drivers, couse by other people problems new catalyst seems to love sitting in the idle clocks on emulators, I throught it's just with the HD7xxx, but dunno if same thing doesn't happen with older ones;]. You could confirm that by downloading GPU-Z and checking your gpu clocks during play, it automatically downclocks when not used as well, just like cpu does, but amd drivers are trying to be too great in power saving and can fail detecting pcsx2 actually need more power;].

Not sure if creating a profile for PCSX2 in catalyst control center could help, but it's worth to start from that, as that helped for someone with gpu being idle lately.
Also you could try setting "allow 8 bit textures" and add some upscale from native to x3 or x4 in gsdx config, FFX surely doesn't need that option, it actually makes the game heavier by gpu core usage same as upscale, but that could potentially force gpu clocks going higher if they're just sitting at idle soo maybe worth trying as well.
I also know that you can awfully easily get GPU limited even by simply opening web browser with loads of youtube tabs or any other flash based sites or even programs(messengers, media players, web browser with loads of addons itself), soo if you keep such, just close all those windows before trying.

Sponsored links

Try a clean install of the OS
@ YUMI :

you're saying that like it's a press of a button ....

I would throw the game in the garbage and don't do that Tongue
^oh come on abdo its not rocket science...

@OP just do this (if you want a good way to solve your issue)...

1) Back up files/programs you want.
2) Get your OS cd/dvd
3) Stick it in and install it
4) Reinstall/place old files/programs
5) Don't royally screw up your computer again ^_^
(07-29-2012, 06:24 AM)YumiLovesMe Wrote: ^oh come on abdo its not rocket science...

@OP just do this (if you want a good way to solve your issue)...

1) Back up files/programs you want.
2) Get your OS cd/dvd
3) Stick it in and install it
4) Reinstall/place old files/programs
5) Don't royally screw up your computer again ^_^

well the first step would take a week in my PC Tongue
(07-29-2012, 03:22 AM)Archerko Wrote: You're bottlenecked by your processor...

EDIT: As miseru99 said, you should check for resource hogging apps lurking around...

EDIT2: You haven't touched anything inside Emulation settings except for speed hacks don't you?

Hey again, I haven't touched anything except speed hacks and some settings in the Gsdx.
Testicles, that is all.
You already used to old PCSX2 right?

Hmm, maybe you could try changing your recompiler to SuperVU...

Feel free to blame me if it didn't work....
lol the OP is almost completely ignoring me and abdo Tongue2
Coz she thought she shouldn't go all the trouble of re-formatting...