Refraction > Path 3
Whilst the Linux users out there get to enjoy PlayStation 2 emulation for the first time in awhile with PCSX2 0.9.3, I'm sure both Windows and Linux users wonder what lies in store with PCSX2 0.9.4.

First off, before I get to the seductive eye candy, a small but important note for our Brazilian users:

The VM (PCSX2 Virtual Memory Build) issues under Windows XP you have experienced with PCSX2 0.9.2 have been fixed in 0.9.4 thanks to some work by Refraction.

I dare say the term "Path 3" doesn't mean a great deal to most of the people visiting this site, however "Path 3" is part of GS/GIF (the interface for GS) and is often used in the handling of textures and enviroment effects.

Refraction has been doing a great deal of research / coding with regards to path 3. Many games now are no longer suffering from garbage textures, texture flicker and other miscellaneous issues.

Whilst these fixes have far reaching effects, from games no longer displaying "split-repeating IPU" (multiple copies of the same frame on screen), to subtle fixes like Final Fantasy 12 having fixed menu backgrounds, below is a selection of shots from games that have seen dramatic improvement! Click on Image to See Larger Version!
  • And1 Streetball
  • Bloody Roar 4
  • Bomberman Hardball
  • Burnout 2 - Point of Impact
  • Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas
  • Lemmings
  • Metal Slug 3D
  • Need for Speed Carbon
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted
  • Street Racing Syndicate
  • Swords of Destiny
  • The Fast and The Furious - Tokyo Drift
  • The Punisher
  • Torino 2006

<span>[Image: attachment.php?aid=8042]</span>

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   path3_screens_news.rar (Size: 5,18 MB / Downloads: 799)
» Beta Tester for PCSX2 | Satourne | nullDC | Dolphin «
» Core i7 950 D0 @ 3.07GHz | GeForce GTX 480 | 6GB DDR3 Tri Channel «

Sponsored links