Refreshrate
(04-14-2013, 12:20 PM)billyash Wrote: im apologize for it coz i often get spamming caused by my weak machine Smile

You are among friends, if sometimes I look harsh is only when you seem to become a bit too much "enthusiastic" and believing that hack would be good for strong machines also Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(04-14-2013, 12:28 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: You are among friends, if sometimes I look harsh is only when you seem to become a bit too much "enthusiastic" and believing that hack would be good for strong machines also Smile

because i love pcsx2 and this forum. I really really want to help them on weak machine. There are so often complaining slow. I know there were many optimization to gaining speed, but as long as i see increasing compatibility was first priority. im here as new member only no nothing wich very anthusiast to emu may be looked down. But im here to support and test what changing that happen to pcsx2. And I know im very often makes mistake. Hope you guys understand me Smile
I appreciate u'r efforts billyash,Keep it up Smile
(04-14-2013, 01:41 PM)Preet Wrote: I appreciate u'r efforts billyash,Keep it up Smile

Indeed, the results of your experiences may help other people with laptops or slow machines in general. Just remember that the same thing on faster machines could actually expose issues which wont appear on slower machines for being too busy to try emulating ahead.
(04-14-2013, 02:13 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Indeed, the results of your experiences may help other people with laptops or slow machines in general. Just remember that the same thing on faster machines could actually expose issues which wont appear on slower machines for being too busy to try emulating ahead.

really? If weak machine has no issue then strong machine has issu? How about my thread "share per game ini". Is it having issue on strong machine since mine is weak? :|
(04-14-2013, 04:31 PM)billyash Wrote: really? If weak machine has no issue then strong machine has issu? How about my thread "share per game ini". Is it having issue on strong machine since mine is weak? :|

Stronger pcs can process faster, therefore allowing them to emulate ahead of time. Slower pcs will emulate slower due to less processing power, and if with the various hacks and settings can only just maintain full speed, issues may arise when a faster pc emulates futher ahead. If there is an error that gets corrected on the slower pc before it appears in game, a faster pc may not correct it since its attempting to emulate further along at the time it would need to be fixing the error that the hacks have created.

Best way I can explain it atm lol.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(04-14-2013, 04:31 PM)billyash Wrote: really? If weak machine has no issue then strong machine has issu? How about my thread "share per game ini". Is it having issue on strong machine since mine is weak? :|

Indeed, that's the reason I said testing those settings on my machine would not be useful (and mine is not that powerful machine but is fast enough to run almost all games at full speed without hacks or just a little).

That's only the "equilibrium" law, the best is always the just, lack or excess can be equally bad.

But maybe I should explain why I say that could happen.

In the slow machine the CPU and GPU are struggling already to get the nominal FPS and the whole emulation (which is not only image), so the sync problems could be not felt (or maybe just you became used to it). But faster machines would be less loaded and then it would be processing a lot more things and the loss of sync would be evident.

I tried that hack on the Zone of Enders which is the only one I have performance issues at reasonable speedhacks... and it actually made things worse, not only desynced what worked before as became even slower in general.

The other games I have no problems running full speed just continued running full speed but then with sync problems... bad deal.

PS: But is necessary to understand that Zone of Enders has more than performance issues, it is a game which don't like EE cyclerate at all, at least at my setup.
(04-14-2013, 05:02 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Indeed, that's the reason I said testing those settings on my machine would not be useful (and mine is not that powerful machine but is fast enough to run almost all games at full speed without hacks or just a little).

That's only the "equilibrium" law, the best is always the just, lack or excess can be equally bad.

But maybe I should explain why I say that could happen.

In the slow machine the CPU and GPU are struggling already to get the nominal FPS and the whole emulation (which is not only image), so the sync problems could be not felt (or maybe just you became used to it). But faster machines would be less loaded and then it would be processing a lot more things and the loss of sync would be evident.

I tried that hack on the Zone of Enders which is the only one I have performance issues at reasonable speedhacks... and it actually made things worse, not only desynced what worked before as became even slower in general.

The other games I have no problems running full speed just continued running full speed but then with sync problems... bad deal.

PS: But is necessary to understand that Zone of Enders has more than performance issues, it is a game which don't like EE cyclerate at all, at least at my setup.

i'm agree!!
Another way, maybe more clean to explain the phenomenon: synchronization signal exist exactly to minimize or eliminate the dependency on the devices speed. When you tweak the other parameters to compensate for the lack of sync that compensation becomes dependent on the machine speed, you made it the best you could for your machine but there is no warranty it will be good for another machine and must be compensated once again for that new machine...

I love analogies with cars, everybody understand cars Smile so:

let's say you calculate the amount of pressure to apply to a light car's brake so to make it stop second rigid criteria. If trying to apply that same force to stop a heavier car (if no other parameter is changed)... things could end very badly. It's similar with different speed computers, must exist some mechanism to grant things happening at specified pace independent on the machines differences, that's what the several "timings" on PCSX2 do and things get out of control if they are messed... that happens with the official speedhacks also, as you know well.
Too bad Sad , but since i got no comment from strong machine againts my per game setting thread. So I have no idea :|