Refreshrate
(04-14-2013, 06:54 PM)billyash Wrote: Too bad Sad , but since i got no comment from strong machine againts my per game setting thread. So I have no idea :|

Most people with stronger systems dont have too many problems with getting the games they want to run full speed (except highly demanding games), therefore they wouldnt see much use with that thread, since its obviously aimed towards weaker systems.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming

Sponsored links

(04-14-2013, 07:00 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: Most people with stronger systems dont have too many problems with getting the games they want to run full speed (except highly demanding games), therefore they wouldnt see much use with that thread, since its obviously aimed towards weaker systems.

Indeed, and then these "highly demanding" games are most of times more like "most misbehaving" games and the problem is they already mess or bypass the emulator's optimizations, and for being already misbehaving they are prone to feel at home to "troll" yet more if the timings are messed Smile

PS: PCSX2 has a state of art recompiler fetch ahead and storing the most frequent PS2 operations found at the game so not needing to recompile them all the time (among many other low level optimizations). Some games don't follow the rules and cause lots of "miss something" actually making the optimizations more a hindrance than help. For this reason alone there are those cases where the ancient interpreter method may have better performance than the recompilers (very rare, at least I can't point a single case) or the older SuperVU performing better than the MicroVU (rare but less rarer).
Imagination is where we are truly real
At other thread, about emulator's and achievements and such, I posted "not only the emulators are developed... the emulation itself developed across the time" or something like this.

Let's try to make a bit more clear what I meant. The pioneers of emulation did not have much to base upon, they needed to develop the techs themselves, techs the newer emulators get already chewed to use directly, and this is not bad, actually is a good thing.

Just we should not forget the pioneers, those who created the tools the newer and productive developers use today, even when the tool is just an "idea" to be adapted to their needs.

PCSX2 is someway in this case, it's development started a decade and more ago, at a time no hardware could hope to run any commercial PS2 game. So it's like the NTSC of emulation and has things in it's very structure that can't be changed without remaking the whole project from scratch. Still it contributed with many ideas which nowadays emulator's devs can use to make the newer emulators on a modern base and with less structural problems, no wonder the productivity is greater.

Many people ask for a 64 bits, multithread PCSX2... yes, that could be done, if you are willing to wait a few more years just to get to the point it is now, it will be "ready" to play the games with better performance in today's weaker machines... but then the weaker machines of the day will be able to run the games anyway... has been so with ALL emulator's, or do you think ZSNES could run all games at it's development phase without performance issues at that time machines?

PS: bSNES is a good example of an emulator trying to remake the emulation of a very old system on modern basis, focusing on accuracy from the start without worries about performance.. and has indeed good points, but even then the good old zSNES, SNES9x and others are still "kings". Not diminishing bSNES, just saying that possibly someone will try and remake PS2 emulators based on newer techs, but even so PCSX2 will be there as one if not "the king" of PS2 emulation.

PPS: There is something more to say about pioneering and pioneers who created techniques used today... they had deep insight and knowledge from the very need of creating them, a deepness the new user may not get beyond learning "how to use". The risk of losing the understanding of the fundamentals is a shadow in modern education as I see it from my long life span. So I beg you forgive me if almost all my posts are long and I keep trying to pass out those fundamentals, it's just I believe they should not be forgotten.
We wait 5 or 10 years later we coul play all pcsx2 games at fullspeed. Lol Tongue2
(04-15-2013, 12:43 AM)billyash Wrote: We wait 5 or 10 years later we coul play all pcsx2 games at fullspeed. Lol Tongue2

Don't laugh, some waited that much to play emulated master system games Smile

But the point is "remaking" PCSX2 from scratch would take a long time and when it reaches the point it is already now, the machines of then would be able to play the games with the current build anyways.

Besides you don't need to wait 5 or ten years, the machines able to play the games are already around.
(04-15-2013, 01:10 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Don't laugh, some waited that much to play emulated master system games Smile

But the point is "remaking" PCSX2 from scratch would take a long time and when it reaches the point it is already now, the machines of then would be able to play the games with the current build anyways.

Besides you don't need to wait 5 or ten years, the machines able to play the games are already around.

don't too much tense Smile, im just kidding. Coz im waiting too Smile how this emu will be.
Too bad there are ps2 emulator wich discontinue Sad